Author Topic: Help to build a Knight Cavalry like Heged from Custom Battles  (Read 1102 times)

Offline eommer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hello everybody...

PS: sorry about my english

Anyway, I just started play this game 3 days ago and I would appreciate some help if you guys dont mind.

First, I would like to build a Knight close to that one from Native Warband that you can choose when you are playing Custom Battles. If Im not wrong, his name is Hedged.
Basically, he uses 1 lance, 1h sword, 2h sword, shield and a armorer horse.

So I have some really noob questions:

a) theres a lvl cap? Im worry about the math here, how many points I will left to spend, etc...

b) I saw some posts about people saying that trying to use points in more then 2 weapons types its not good. My main idea is to use 1h sword, lance and shield. But if possible, I would like to use sometimes, just for fun, a 2h sword you know?

What you guys think about that? and how many points is necessary in each one to be decent? I mean, Im looking for a "magic" number like: after spend 130 in 1h you can spend in something else. Or something like: you need at least 150 to be good...

c) I ask yesterday on game and people was not sure, but I see some people with 2h sword swinging really fast. So to swing my 1h sword more fast I should spend points on agi, weapon skill or what?

d) theres any good lance that I can be couchable and sheath?

really ty for any answer. serious. Im kind lost in few things...

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: Help to build a Knight Cavalry like Heged from Custom Battles
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:02:55 pm »
Well, that's a fairly hard thing to do, for several reasons.
First, you have 4 slots, lance takes 2, 2h sword takes 2, shield takes 1, 1h takes 1. So you'd always have to leave one item away, with one exception. There's a couple of swords that can be used both 1 handed and 2 handed - Longsword, bastard swords, katana, langes messer (this last one only takes 1 slot, as it starts as 1h weapon, you must switch into 2h with x).
Secondly, items must be repaired and heavy horses are extremly expensive. So the best idea for a heavy horse rider is imo, only use 1h and shield to have lower costs.
So imo you should first try one of the styles, you can make a second character for the other one. It is a better idea to make such a character when you have lots of money, all the needed items and know the game well. There's a couple of guides for 2h and riders in the beginners questions section.

a) Lvl 30 is the start of the soft cap. I wouldn't plan on higher.

c) Swing speed (and damage) is increased by weapon skill (WPF) (for each weapon type, you get more points by buying weapon master). Agi (and athletics) increases movement speed, which is often used to swing faster by moving with your swing. Powerstrike (PS) increases your damage with all melee weapon types.

b) There is no magic number. My personal lower limit to make it usuable with 1h swords is 6PS and 50wpf, or 5PS and 100wpf, I'd go for at least 6PS 120 wpf though, 2h isn't much different. At 130 wpf you can raise it only so little, you can easily split. Lancing needs not much, as speed adds to damage.

d) afaik, no.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:04:23 pm by EponiCo »

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 02:17:12 am »
Using three weapon skill hybrid is possible and it's great fun, however some players who put all their points into one weapon type will have a slight advantage. Here is the build I use and it works very well imo. It's what I'm using now and in fact it is my favorite character build so far: very very versatile.

Strength: 18
Agility: 18
Skills to attributes: 2
Power Strike: 6
Shield: 5
Athletics: 6
Riding: 6
Weapon Master: 6
One Handed: 110
Two Handed: 93
Polearm: 100

Offline eommer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:21:42 am »
really ty for all the answers so far guys...

repair is KILLING me...serious

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 09:23:04 am »
really ty for all the answers so far guys...

repair is KILLING me...serious

You're not alone - Due to upkeep, I'm mostly playing with my Rich Outfit aka troll gear xD Feelsbadmayne.jpg

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 09:58:55 am »
if you wanna use a lance, 1hander and 2hander, i'd recomomend using the great lance which can only couch. so you don't need to spend any wpp in polearm. yes, it plays different but if you keep out of cav fights then you'll be just as good as a normal lancer. and also, if you hit someone when your coching you'll be almost sure that you'll kill him except people in full suits of armor. this way you'll be a better hybrid
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline eommer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 10:40:58 pm »
Using three weapon skill hybrid is possible and it's great fun, however some players who put all their points into one weapon type will have a slight advantage. Here is the build I use and it works very well imo. It's what I'm using now and in fact it is my favorite character build so far: very very versatile.

Strength: 18
Agility: 18
Skills to attributes: 2
Power Strike: 6
Shield: 5
Athletics: 6
Riding: 6
Weapon Master: 6
One Handed: 110
Two Handed: 93
Polearm: 100

i just reset to try this out...