Poll

Speed Buff to hl

yes
22 (66.7%)
no
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: [stats] more speed for heavy lance  (Read 1343 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: [stats] more speed for heavy lance
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 06:01:18 pm »
I'm not sure if speed should be increased above 80. +5 speed and +1 damage sounds good to me.

Only way is probably to simply maintain a higher difference in effective wpf, meaning that in the same armor (of all weights) and different wpf the difference should remain the same. Currently, people with high wpf are losing so much from average levels of armor that it's not much different than people with low wpf. I had ~95 wpf in polearms and used a pre-nerf heavy-lance and switched post-nerf to lance and had minimal problems after getting used to it. High wpf polearms on skilled players did pose a problem with timing, but I feel that this difference should be more noticeable with smaller wpf differences, not a massive one like 160+ vs 95.

There is a surprising amount of 1wpf lancers who are effective.  I'd like to see them sacrificed if dedicated lancers could receive a buff in exchange.  cyranule used 106 wpf, you used 95 and PhantomZero used 50.  All three effective, but I think Phantom was the best lancer if the bunch.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 06:10:03 pm »
That's anecdotal.  I notice a big difference between 1 wpf with lances from horse, and 120.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 06:19:14 pm »
+2
I used Heavy Lance for a long time, but since it got overnerfed, I stopped using it, like most people. Today, the "Heavy" Lance is weaker than all other lances, I mean there's something wrong. I appreciate that you started that thread, but I would like it more when speed stays the same, but damage increases.  8-)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
if this buff will incease the lance cav population and by that decrease ranged population im all in.

how bad is it really, I heaven't played lanced for atleast a year, I'll respec my asshole HA and try the Heavy Lance, really curious.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 08:54:53 pm »
+2
Heavy Lance has been pretty much worthless for a long time.  It needs some help...anything will do honestly.

I vote to increase damage and increase couch damage on all lances.  That should do it.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 09:04:15 pm »
+1
That's anecdotal.  I notice a big difference between 1 wpf with lances from horse, and 120.

Right, but what I'm saying is you shouldn't be able to do well with 1wpf in pole arms or even just 50.  Most aren't crazy enough to use any melee weapon without 100 WPF and even still you have to choose your opponents.

Maybe if wpf and possibly riding effected the angles you could reach, that would be a good balancing tool.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 09:12:11 pm »
Right, but what I'm saying is you shouldn't be able to do well with 1wpf in pole arms or even just 50.  Most aren't crazy enough to use any melee weapon without 100 WPF and even still you have to choose your opponents.

Maybe if wpf and possibly riding effected the angles you could reach, that would be a good balancing tool.

Oh right, I totally missed the point...my bad yo
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »
+1
how bad is it really, I heaven't played lanced for atleast a year, I'll respec my asshole HA and try the Heavy Lance, really curious.

As someone who has done all but 4 generations as lancer, I can tell you it's not "bad" but it's no where it used to be. Watch the old school heavy lancers when they finally get on. They still do great with the heavy lance and don't complain about the nerfs.

What they do complain about though is the archer population. Champion Cataphract downed by 3 arrows from 1 archer who's solely hunting you because you killed his melee main one to may times? Might as well use a Rouncey at that rate and save yourself some cash.

Nerf Ranged, Buff "Heavy Glance"

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 11:39:06 pm »
+1
heavy cav lancers are str lance,  so they arent hit that bad from the nerf.  try 5 or 6ps ^^

btw just used the HL on a tincan strat battle,  it needs a damage buff :'|
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:17:56 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
As someone who has done all but 4 generations as lancer, I can tell you it's not "bad" but it's no where it used to be. Watch the old school heavy lancers when they finally get on. They still do great with the heavy lance and don't complain about the nerfs.

What they do complain about though is the archer population. Champion Cataphract downed by 3 arrows from 1 archer who's solely hunting you because you killed his melee main one to may times? Might as well use a Rouncey at that rate and save yourself some cash.

Nerf Ranged, Buff "Heavy Glance"

I'll assume you're talking about TommyHu and Devilize, since pretty much everyone else has stopped being a lancer.  Those guys are high level 34 or 35, so they don't make the best examples.  Also I'm pretty sure everything they wear is +3.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 12:10:58 pm »
+1
You are indeed correct. I learned alot from Tommy Dev Huesby and Shin.

I was lvl 34 Heavy Lancer with 11PS. Was awesome. One shot anyone who wasn't in 75+ body armor on thrusts. Made everything all better. But that was just me going to the extreme to make my favorite lance seem like how it was over a year ago.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 04:15:16 pm »
Eh 8 PS on a 5 riding horse isn't going to be much more damage than 7 PS and me on a courser.  If anything I'd think I would do more damage at full speed.  And the heavy lance is still pretty terrible unless you're hitting another cavalry or someone with low armor and not running in the same direction as you.

Tommy (don't think he plays much anymore) wears light armor, no helmet and only has his courser and heavy lance at +3.  Don't think he has any other looms.  And I'm not positive but I think he might be level 34 (possibly, might only be 33).  For damage output, there's just no comparison between a heavy lance and a lance.  I'd rather use a great lance than a heavy lance.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »
Eh 8 PS on a 5 riding horse isn't going to be much more damage than 7 PS and me on a courser.  If anything I'd think I would do more damage at full speed.  And the heavy lance is still pretty terrible unless you're hitting another cavalry or someone with low armor and not running in the same direction as you.

Tommy (don't think he plays much anymore) wears light armor, no helmet and only has his courser and heavy lance at +3.  Don't think he has any other looms.  And I'm not positive but I think he might be level 34 (possibly, might only be 33).  For damage output, there's just no comparison between a heavy lance and a lance.  I'd rather use a great lance than a heavy lance.

Was running bets between you guys on who would score first blood, who would end up with more kills etc. last night