Author Topic: Is something going to be done about the current problems?  (Read 4825 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Is something going to be done about the current problems?
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2013, 11:55:16 pm »
+1
You wanna see something hilarious? go into duel, get into a duel, stand still next to someone and have them experiment with kicking to see what kind of insane angles they can routinely hit you on. I was testing this today and my partner was about to look 90degrees away from me, hit the kick button and then try to look at me while kicking and hit me every time. They (who haven't played cRPG since the kick was changed) concluded it was ridiculous.
I did that in battle the day it was changed and was able to kick Rhaelys who was 90 degrees to my side. I'm actually okay with having an area of effect since you can beat it. It's just that it's damn invisible and it doesn't even follow where the kicker is looking properly, giving me that feeling that it shouldn't have hit many times over. If you could see the hitbox, you'd know exactly how to dodge(even if the area of effect meant you can't dodge a certain way). I'm just saying that I could live with it, but the properties themselves are quite over the top.

@Smegmar
Many things I complain about I do myself until it's changed. I think there are people who believe something is wrong/exploitable not just because they have issues combating it.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2013, 12:12:00 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2013, 06:12:58 pm »
+2
why don't they just hand over the mantle to some new more active devs who will do something/have more time to improve the mod

Do what exactly? When Paul added nudge Jackie Chan and some others went mad cause he didn't add crouching :rolleyes: Tydeus changed 1h stab, cmp changed kicks and guess what players think about these changes:

I just wish they'd stop introducing game play changes (like the new kick animation), which are broken

Make up your mind maybe. There's also a lot of stuff which use wse2 and as far as I know only cmp can do sth with that. So basically you need new cmp. GOod luck with finding him :P

in a such a big community like this, I`m pretty sure that you will find some decent item balancers, modelers or whatever. All you need to do is ask.

Um, you mean that chadz should ask players to join developers? Maybe he should beg them? :rolleyes: At the beginning there was only chadz in crpg team, now there's a bunch of guys, currently not really active, but hey, Tydues joined them not so long ago and he's fairly active in fucking things up  :wink: If someone really wants to do sth for crpg I think he'll find a way to do that, but your idea of devs asking players for help is ridiculous.

Dunno also why you think that crpg needs more item balancers, I find balance quite okay, sure, a few tweaks could be done, but at the end of day it doesn't really matter, whatever will be done with balance, there always will be someone bitching about buffs and nerfs.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2013, 06:29:04 pm »
+1
You can do a lot to improve the game without adding new features or making big changes with WSE. Simply having some more depth in the item balance team would improve the game more than anything else imo. Have a real group of guys with different experiences with the game, different preferred playstyles etc and have them decide between themselves how to balance the game, without anyone overseeing it who vetos shit or tries to push things a certain way. There needs to be more than one guy that can actually upload the changes too.

Have a real item balance team that does things by themselves with autonomy
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »
+1
You can do a lot to improve the game without adding new features or making big changes with WSE.Simply having some more depth in the item balance team would improve the game more than anything else imo.

If your only concern about current state of the mod is item balance and the only thing you want to change is a few numbers describing items then I think that this mod is in fucking awesome shape. Devs have to buff or nerf a few items by 1 or 2 points every now and then and that's all, everyone will be happy.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2013, 09:20:55 pm »
+2
server being terrible is only thing i want fixed :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2013, 11:33:45 pm »
just wanna say this is an awesome thread.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2013, 05:38:54 pm »
Do what exactly? When Paul added nudge Jackie Chan and some others went mad cause he didn't add crouching :rolleyes: Tydeus changed 1h stab, cmp changed kicks and guess what players think about these changes:

Make up your mind maybe. There's also a lot of stuff which use wse2 and as far as I know only cmp can do sth with that. So basically you need new cmp. GOod luck with finding him :P

Um, you mean that chadz should ask players to join developers? Maybe he should beg them? :rolleyes: At the beginning there was only chadz in crpg team, now there's a bunch of guys, currently not really active, but hey, Tydues joined them not so long ago and he's fairly active in fucking things up  :wink: If someone really wants to do sth for crpg I think he'll find a way to do that, but your idea of devs asking players for help is ridiculous.

Dunno also why you think that crpg needs more item balancers, I find balance quite okay, sure, a few tweaks could be done, but at the end of day it doesn't really matter, whatever will be done with balance, there always will be someone bitching about buffs and nerfs.

there's a difference between adding new features and refining old ones :)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !