Author Topic: Crashing after patch  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
Crashing after patch
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:38:26 am »
I downloaded the patch, deleted my old cRPG folder and replaced it with the new one, everything was looking fine. I saw the new picture with all the quotes when choosing to play the cRPG module, it loaded fine.

I got to the start screen, clicked play, chose a server and it loaded fine.  Then once it gets into the game and to the the team selection it crashes and says M&B has stopped working. I tried this on eu and Na servers, siege and battle. I tried re-downloading 3 times now and same problem.

Offline Furrydog

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing after patch
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:32:02 pm »
Getting this too.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:51:08 pm »
Me too :(

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:55:47 pm »
Try starting the game in native mode. Then join a cRPG server, agree to change module to cRPG when it notifies that you're running a wrong module and must change. I hear it has helped some people.

Offline Furrydog

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:14:10 pm »
Try starting the game in native mode. Then join a cRPG server, agree to change module to cRPG when it notifies that you're running a wrong module and must change. I hear it has helped some people.

This worked for me.

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:44:52 pm »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 05:36:34 pm »
might be random, but I also noticed more crashes and - even worse - a LOT of "random disconnects" on both NA and EU siege servers since 222 patch.

will give that low res texture pack a try - thanks for that!!! but probably nothing to do with the disconnects.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Dekarn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoG
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 10:46:44 pm »
I am having the join server then crash problem 2

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 10:53:21 pm »
Thanks for the replies :)

Going to native and choosing a crpg server then changing the module did allow me to actually get into a server, but i could tell for some reason i was lagging a lot worse and people's faces were invisible etc. Downloaded and updated the new 23 patch and same problem :?

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 07:39:39 am »
I've also noticed a lot of crashing when joining servers after the newest patch. Joining through native helps to fix the problem for the time, but this makes the new faces black, which is quite irritating. The problem seems to be server-specific, ie. I can join EU_1 without problem, but EU_2 crashes every time until I join it with "native" method.

Offline Leshanae

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Leshanae
  • IRC nick: Leshanae
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 04:19:18 pm »
I guess I will wait the next patch which will fix this game crashes. To play a single time on one server I am trying to connect for about 30 minutes getting crashed.

On every server I get a crash immediately, and only on the 3rd (duel) the game can be freezed for a couple of seconds and then crash. I noticed that when the game is not gonna crash the players' models appear and there are sounds, and when the game is quiet and I don't see no models I know that the game will crash. Maybe it happens because the game doesn't receive needed (vital) information from server in time, or because I'm going out of RAM.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:32:32 pm by Leshanae »
"No one ever wins. No one finally loses, except the dead. Under the sun they rot together with absolute biological equality" (c) Berzerker

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 04:28:26 pm »
The game was working fine with this version until yesterday, now I can't join any server without this happening. I downloaded and replaced the crpg files, still the same problem. Loading in Native first seems to return the same problem before the crpg module has loaded. Not tried the low texture pack yet though.

Edit: Retried with loading Native first and now it works. Installed new AMD drivers today and it seems to of stopped, could be a coincidence however.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:57:40 pm by CaptainQuantum »