Author Topic: My proficiency in bows is too low !  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Jeraz

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Woodland
Re: My proficiency in bows is too low !
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:06 pm »
+1
Quote from the mega game mechenics treath:

-> Only bow difficulty + 4 points of power draw will be taken to account. For example using nomad bow (difficulty 3) with 9 power draw would result in only 7 power draw being effective

Edit:
(14*PD)-((1.4)^PD)
1 PD = 12.6
2 PD = 26.0
3 PD = 39.2
4 PD = 52.1
5 PD = 64.6
6 PD = 76.4
7 PD = 87.4
8 PD = 97.2
9 PD = 105.3
10 PD = 111.0
11 PD = 113.5
12 PD = 111.3
13 PD = 102.6
14 PD = 84.8
15 PD = 54.4

You can get it but you still need the right WPF, the above list shows the WPF loss, so you need enough to compansate to still use the bow
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 10:49:51 pm »
http://forum.melee.org/guides/archery-guide-fo-new-players-by-steevee/

All i know about archery is here, maybe you will find sometning interesting for you in here.
Archer forever :D

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 12:47:11 pm »
Don't make a high PD archer. Make a High wpf archer with less than 3 PD! Short bow with bodkin arrows that is! It can be good if you are good with headshots.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 02:07:03 pm »
this is the first time i have ever seen archer with 6 iron flesh, because yeah, you will be totally fighting in front lines as archer.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 02:51:35 pm »
ironflesh is not useless even if you are not on the frontlines. Search for Ranged Damage
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 03:09:46 pm »
this is the first time i have ever seen archer with 6 iron flesh, because yeah, you will be totally fighting in front lines as archer.

you will, because less than 1% of the melee geniuses understands the concept of "protect your ranged and move out only after they have softened up the enemy..."

Oh, and from my recent builds I'd say: do not go over 7 or 8 pd. Powerarchers are not wanted in c-rpg, so we got fucked over and over again, until high pd archery was not feasable any more - the added damage does not give you a lot of oneshots, and you can't hit shit beyond 5 meters...

No reason though to become another one of the 2 or 3 pd my old friendchers... ;-)
I have PD7 atm with 162 WPF, quite ok, will go PD8 next gen with approx same WPF at 33 :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:13:15 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »
6 PD works really fine and IMO it's no reason to go higher than that.
You should also remember that an archer with below 5 PD won't be hired to strat battles, simply because lowest PD bow is horn bow (at least on EU i don't know about NA)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »
you will, because less than 1% of the melee geniuses understands the concept of "protect your ranged and move out only after they have softened up the enemy..."

Oh, and from my recent builds I'd say: do not go over 7 or 8 pd. Powerarchers are not wanted in c-rpg, so we got fucked over and over again, until high pd archery was not feasable any more - the added damage does not give you a lot of oneshots, and you can't hit shit beyond 5 meters...

No reason though to become another one of the 2 or 3 pd my old friendchers... ;-)
I have PD7 atm with 162 WPF, quite ok, will go PD8 next gen with approx same WPF at 33 :)

if you get engaged in melee as an archer, IF is going to do little. it entirely depends on how well you can parry/move.

plus your team mates are here to cover you.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 07:53:11 pm »
+3
plus your team mates are here to cover you.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »
+1
I see people call strength archers inaccurate. This is false, the accuracy is very good, but the draw speed and movement speed is awful. If well protected, the 9-10 PD archer is really scary, on his own he gets eaten by agility shielders, throwers or cavalry.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »
I see people call strength archers inaccurate.

Depends on your definition of inaccurate... Yes, my PD10 incarnations could shoot people from ladders at about 8-10 meters. But longbow sniping half across the map simply does not work - and against pussy archers you have the problem that they are way faster and way more accurate, even at distances where the longbow should be more accurate than some short piece of a rotten root or whatever they make these small things of.

At PD 6 and 7 (8 is getting worse, but still ok for me) I am fairly fast with the mw longbow and do quite a bit of damage - best compromise for me.

And at 160-180 WPF the sniping fun begins.  :twisted:
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 12:52:11 am »
I have 183 WPF in archery and ppl hates me, especially on strat battles when I'm defending castles, with long bow (only one i like) i'm able to shoot ppl in head from creazy distances XD

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 11:02:01 am »
I have 183 WPF in archery and ppl hates me, especially on strat battles when I'm defending castles, with long bow (only one i like) i'm able to shoot ppl in head from creazy distances XD

i can almost see those aimbot accusations...

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 06:39:35 pm »
accuracy is still far away from pinshots with longbow, but with +3 nomad aiming thingy is closed :)