Author Topic: fucked up overheads  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: fucked up overheads
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 08:50:45 am »
+4
I think everyone probably already has had this problem, especially with the worst of all weapons that can do this: the great maul.

An enemy swings an overhead at you, but misses you by an inch.
When you take away your block, he turns his body so that he new faces you (the animation of his swing still in the very end or even with the weapon already touching the ground).
Because he turns his body, the his weapons follows and makes contact with your hitbox (your toe of something).
For some retarded reason this still makes damage and if he uses a knockdown weapon you even have a chance to get knocked down..

This seriously annoys me and there is no way this is acceptable, please do something!
how is this different from poking with long sharp sticks and shaking mouse at that moment so you hit soemone right infront of you with 3m long stick?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: fucked up overheads
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2013, 09:27:59 am »
Well first of all that the problem i described is a bonus that people get for making the stupid mistake of missing an overhead.
The pike 'abuse' so many people talk about is a practiced skill that is the only way to play the pike class. I know it's not realistic and i would love to have more realistic pikes. But before you remove the only thing pikers have, think about what they should do if an enemy ran straight through their 3m long sharp stick again. Or when by some magic people started running into a pikewall blocking all pikes with one blok at the same time.

I think this topic has been discussed quite a few times already and i already mentioned my opinion so i wont say anymore.

This problem is not just an attack on a certain class (i could cry so much about some classes, but i wont) i also have seen this happening with my polearms, so i just would like an annoying game feature to be taken care off. ;)