Author Topic: Ban duration logic?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Ban duration logic?
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:12:44 pm »
http://forum.melee.org/eu-(official)/ban-templar_benjen-and-martok-for-unprovoked-team-killing/

So, ONE DAY is what you get for repeatedly insulting and spawn team killing someone with NO provokation or justification other than one's own irrational rage? Even when you go on harrassing the person you wronged with horse bumping and further team attacks after hours???

When I get banned for small offences WITH NO ACTUAL VICTIMS, only some fun kicking/nudging each other etc., I ALWAYS get one day or more. For being AFK two times in relatively short succession I got banned for several days once! Someone who is being a complete moron, insults me and tries to spoil my game with nothing but bad intentions gets the lowest punishment possible??? Seriously, where is the fucking logic in that? Is it the lack of screens? He admitted everything, so screens are totally unnecessary. I don't normally care about bans, but this Benjen guy seriously deserves a lesson.

Instead of instantly locking and ignoring this, an explanation would be nice, because I don't understand your ban policy.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Ban duration logic?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »
For the record I constantly see and feel Benjen continously intentionally teambumping and insulting "ninjas", and people in light armor.

The ban duration you get really depends on three factors, what you did, who is banning you, and your ban history. Someone from HRE is gonna give you a massive ban for doing anything, even if you're a first time offender. Thomek will go hard on you if you're cav and legitimately delaying, especially HA. Fin is a nice calm guy and will probably give you the lowest duration he can get away with. Really, if you want someone to get banned for as long as possible, make sure Erzengel_HRE is online and immediately message him about the thread.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:19:04 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 06:16:19 pm »
One day bcus i know him as a nice guy.

I might be wrong. And his next ban will certainly be longer.

If you want "fair" ban durations, provide good screenshots. That'll help. This case wasn't as cristal clear for me as it might be for you. 

Also, i'd prefer receiving a PM, not a new topic in the wrong section.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 06:26:34 pm »
Very nice guy indeed. An educated gentleman. Just read his unprovoked rage in the chat. If this was a small offence, then what's a serious one?

I know this doesn't necessarily belong here, but the topic where it belonged, got locked already.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:46:12 pm »
Why lock it?

I think you still did not understand why its just one day.

So let me try to explain it again:

I'm pretty sure if a more veteran Admin would've made that decision it would be more than one day.

But:

1) Hot_clit was involved - and as much as i love phil, i kinda can understand why ppl are raging. :D

2) I don't know Benjen for beeing a bad person or anything doesn't mean he's the perfect player - i'm just saying that i always try to use the banhammer only if its unevitable.

3) This is the 2nd time he was banned for teamwounding/killing in his carrere - the 3rd one will be much longer.

Much love,

fin

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 06:48:39 pm »
1) Hot_clit was involved - and as much as i love phil, i kinda can understand why ppl are raging. :D

Not my fault people hate on a legit build :(

Foxxy Longbottom insulting me again today for the build, but it's water off a ducks back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »
Why lock it?

I think you still did not understand why its just one day.

So let me try to explain it again:

I'm pretty sure if a more veteran Admin would've made that decision it would be more than one day.

But:

2) I don't know Benjen for beeing a bad person or anything doesn't mean he's the perfect player - i'm just saying that i always try to use the banhammer only if its unevitable.

3) This is the 2nd time he was banned for teamwounding/killing in his carrere - the 3rd one will be much longer.

Much love,

fin

Why lock what?...

I understood you alright. Benjen is a nice and terrific guy and so are you, therefore we can turn a blind eye here. Cool.
Hot_Clit wasn't involved in ME being team killed and insulted.
Going easy on people who are just trolling around a little, having some harmless fun, is a good thing the way I see it.
Going easy on team killers and wannabe-bullies, who intentionally try and ruin the fun for others and call them "my old friend" and "retard" (something I could sue them for IRL), is just weak.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 06:59:38 pm »
"Friendly bans" is quite stoopid. That's what makes you a badmin :)
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 07:08:34 pm »
i don't give a damn tbh!

:)

You're requesting a harder punishment - i accept that.

But i won't follow that request since it's me to decide this - so i would appreciate if you'd accept this too without being too much of a subliminal sarcasmist. 

I don't understand why you're still crying about this. He got banned. So tonight you can do what ever the fuck you want without him pissing you off.

And im pretty sure he learned his lesson. And if not - he will be banned again.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:12:00 pm by Finuad »

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 07:22:05 pm »
Well, since you don't give a damn anyway, there's no point in further "crying".  :rolleyes:

Keep up the great attitude!

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 07:30:41 pm »
Wait, you are not able to post a single screenshot and now you are complaining that he "only" got one day? Be glad that your ban request wasn't denied since you weren't able to provide a single evidence. I even took the time to check the logs.

Edit: Oh you were even accusing somebody who wasn't playing on the server for the whole day. Perhaps we should have a look at this again?

@ Zlisch

:rolleyes:

Someone from HRE? There are only two admins from HRE...

People usually always get between one or two days from me unless they fuck up really bad or already have lots of bans. New players/first time offenders get a warning most of the time. Leechers only get banned if they do it all the time or if they are hiding naked at the end of the map. So how is this extremly harsh? Perhaps you could stop spreading lies here? No idea why you are so frustrated, but please post in the feedback threads if you have any problems but don't spam here.