Author Topic: New Battle Map  (Read 759 times)

Offline ORiainRex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free-Lance Sexy Killing Machine
New Battle Map
« on: May 14, 2011, 05:47:45 am »
Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at a multiplayer battle map...well, really a map of any kind.  I'm really just looking for some feedback here.  I've intended it to be a sort of inner-city map with a lot of variety to how it can be played out. I think I've allowed enough room for cav to be able to operate on most of the map, though it clearly isn't an ideal map for cav.  Archers have some great vantage points, but some area's of the map make it impossible to get a clear shot at, and the best vantage points have multiple approaches, making a sneak attack very likely.  Infantry have some great open area's to fight in, ass well as alleys that make hit and run tactics a lot of fun. Overall, I think it should appeal to most players without giving a bonus to anyone.  The castle has entry's in the front and on either side, and the rooftops have plenty of cover and at least 4 approaches, so camping it isn't necessarily the safest place on the map.  It is also equidistant from both spawns, which are the keeps on the left and right side of the map.  Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New Battle Map
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:04:25 am »
The different architecture styles really clash.  Otherwise looks alright, most of the combat should be around the main road, which would be nice I guess.  Doesn't look like it would be a good map to take a horse on at all though, no real areas to cav around in.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:06:43 am by Damug »

Offline ORiainRex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free-Lance Sexy Killing Machine
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 09:56:23 am »
I was going for sort of a Richside/poorside kinda feel, with the nicer buildings being a merchant class, and the rougher buildings being more of a destitute overpopulated shanty-town.  I tried to leave some room behind the buildings for cav to sneak up on and be able to maneuver a bit, but I think you're right, I need to widen things up/make more clear paths. 

Do yo uthink there's any way to make the two building styles work together?  Maybe some more plantlife to blend them together a bit more? 

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:39:23 pm »
I don't think it's that much of a problem. Maybe it could even be quite refreshing. I don't play battle, though, so i won't be able to tell...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 02:11:55 pm »