Offline Donkey guy

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
My Ban
« on: October 02, 2013, 06:25:29 am »
I was banned recently and I am curious as to the fact that a 1st offense ban is 24 hours. Honestly unless I missed some sort of rule change I thought team hitting each other at the end of the round is fine, but I guess when someone starts taking screen shots and being a little bitch about it people get banned. He was also doing the shit as well I mean come on, its a game and you guys are treating it like its fucking Naz i Germany.

Refering to http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-gay_4_pay/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:35:52 am by Donkey guy »
Donkey

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: My Ban
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 06:31:27 am »
http://forum.melee.org/announcements/official-server-rules/

No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round (teamkilling friends after a round ends is allowed, teamkilling random people is not)

Straight from the rules.

Offline Donkey guy

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:34:36 am »
So then ban the other guy who made the request seeing how he was also team wounding random people
Donkey

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »
http://forum.melee.org/announcements/official-server-rules/

No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round (teamkilling friends after a round ends is allowed, teamkilling random people is not)

Straight from the rules.

Wow that's totally news to me... I remember like 6 months ago someone kept killing me after round end like 2 or 3 times in a row and an admin was on and he kept saying in purple chat "TK's after round is over isn't against the rules!" when I complained about it. I always thought it was ok to TK after round end after that.

Wish I could remember which admin it was, it was so long ago.

Welp, Learn something new every day.  8-)

24 hour ban does seem kind of harsh. Guy on duel server was killing my siege equipment I was trying to build, and nobody would even give him a 1 hour ban despite pics of me requesting him to stop, and pics of him continuing to kill it until it was dead (they said he was "new" so didn't deserve a ban). I don't see how killing someone after round end is a worse grief than killing siege equipment on duel servers (it takes a lot of time and C-materials to build siege equipment like catapult). This Donkey guy looks kind of new also judging by post count, but who really knows.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:15:08 pm by Sir_Hans »

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 12:12:26 am »
So then ban the other guy who made the request seeing how he was also team wounding random people

I was in the TS with the guy and he was not happy at all about what you did. I told him to tell an admin or put up a thread if he thought it was necessary. He thought the thread was necessary since it wasn't just him that you were killing. Also, he is back from not playing for awhile so he can be a little harsh on people, another reason why he put it up, but he was not team-wounding any one on our team as I was there with you guys.

I do agree 24 was a little harsh, but it can be a good thing as well. Admins are taking offenses more seriously and want the rules to be followed, which may lead to a better experience for us all including you :D
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 03:58:55 am »
This is not a place for debate or discussion. Arty can say something if he wants about his judgement, but other than that there is no reason for any bystanders to post here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 04:07:58 am »
Or better yet, put it in his feedback thread! :idea:
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.