Author Topic: What are the mechanics of archer accuracy?  (Read 3926 times)

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
Re: What are the mechanics of archer accuracy?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 10:03:30 pm »
It's not mandatory getting that much, but I like doing some long range shot. I usually just sheath my bow and reposition when the enemies close me down since I have 0 ps, 0 if, 12 1h wpf and a pickaxe. The best builds if you want to be decent in melee too is 18/18 and 18/21. I'd suggest 18/21 with 155 wpf or so. You'll get a bit of polearm wpf as well then.

Check this guide as well. :)

What I find most irritating is how much I glance using 0 slot swords with no 1h WPF or PS. So annoying.

Word of Advice:
The PD penalties to WPF got lowered recently. It's not the same as it was, meaning 150-160 is worth a lot more now than it was. That's, not counting armor, equal to about 120-130 wpf effective.

This is confirmed and tested, the old PD forumlas are bad. I believe this is the same for PT, but we couldn't find proof for PT, and only proof for PD.

Wow, ok, that's good too know. Looking forward to my STR archer build next gen more now.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: What are the mechanics of archer accuracy?
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:14 pm »
I don't remember the exact formula(even though I found, tested and posted it), it's listed in the Beginners guides: Mechanics Mega Thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login