Author Topic: Heirloom points  (Read 794 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Heirloom points
« on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »
Since there's now a feature that remembers our number of heirloom points not spent, i was wondering if we couldn't take advantage of that.

How about having the possibility to re-heirloom whatever you want, providing having heirloom points, of course ?
In order not to have too many change of mine, un-heirlooming one item would cost, for example, twice the price of the item per heirloom point, plus a fixed cost. So if you have heirloomed three times your practice longsword, you can spend six times the practice sword value and three times a fixed cost  to have three "new" available heirloom points.

Since heirloomed items don't give that much advantage, but are still pretty hard to gain, people could try where it's best to put them. Also, we won't see all thoses whining about "new patch nerfed my op item that i had heirloomed, i want refunds" post.

Don't know what the fixed cost could be yet, so that people don't change everyday their heirlooms, but at least the possibility, even if hard, will exist and satisfy some players. Not even sure if the "twice the price of original item" is enough/too much, but that's the idea.

Feel free to comment in a constructive way. Or tell right away if it's hard coded, but since we can change weapons in one way, why not in the other way.

Some examples :
Unheirlooming cost twice the base value + 10k gold per heirloom

Elder's Practice longsword (3 times heirloomed) => Commoner's Practice longsword (1 time heirloomed)     Need 20956 gold, gives back 2 heirlooms points.
Balanced Miaodao (2 times heirl) => Miaodao (normal)          Need 53504 gold, gives back 2 heirlooms

The price is pretty high, but at least, the possibility to respec your heirloom points exists.

PS: Should be in the suggestion topic, just saw that. If a forum admin could change that, i would be gracious for it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:42:28 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline pRodigy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Heinrich_Rand, Hana_Majinaru
  • IRC nick: pRodigy
Re: Heirloom points
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:48:14 pm »
But how does one unheirloom anything? Does it involve zombies or something?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Heirloom points
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:21:06 pm »
But how does one unheirloom anything? Does it involve zombies or something?

Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N-
[coughs]
[pause]
Okay... that's it!