• Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
arrows
« on: May 14, 2011, 02:06:28 pm »
i got some ideas for you guys:

i think there should be different arrowheads that have different kinds of damage. like broadheads should have cut damage, bodkins and other armor penetrating arrows should have pierce damage and arrowheads that have blunt damage because of the stopping point right behind the arrowhead(see boar spear, something like that). though it also think that if possible all the heads should keep an amount of pierce damage.
here are some examples:

broadhead arrows:
weight  4
weapon length  95
max ammo  20
thrust damage  2 pierce and 4 cut

bodkin arrows
weight  3
weapon length  91
max ammo  15
thrust damage  6 pierce

stoppoint arrows(no name yet)
weight  3.5
weapon length  95
max ammo  18
thrust damage  2 pierce and 4 blunt

it would also be nice to have a special arrowtype that has a stack of 3, has 15 pierce damage and takes up 0 or 1 slot(we'd have to deside). this arrowtype would be used almost exclusively to shoot tincans(or that's the idea) it would also cost 7500 gold so a lot of repairs. and if possible it would start losing height in flight very quikly and a lot. so sniper archers wouldn't be able to shoot these at a 100 yards into a tincan.

another of my ideas is to be able to switch arrow types in combat, this is essential to my idea above. it would allow you ajust your arrowtypes to the enemy's your facing.

and last but not least, an arrowtype that breaks after hitting something. this way no one, not even you, can pick up the arrows. these ones really do exist and were used quitte a lot during the dark ages.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:21:04 pm by Berethorn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
Re: arrows
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:43 pm »
Whoa there. These things sound like they could kill a 2her from out of his swing range. Unacceptable.
We can't have anything that can kill 2hers on the field, it's unsportsmanlike.

Now what if the regular quivers we got now took 2 slots? Yea that sounds more balanced.

I miss what archery used to be so bad Gosh I just luv 2hers w00t~
:cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login