Author Topic: NA_Siege rules unclear  (Read 754 times)

Offline Paroxysm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA_Siege rules unclear
« on: May 13, 2011, 01:33:16 am »
So here's the story, LLJK-Phantomzero opened the gate (on defenders) to let our cav out, then closed it. People went nuts even though this is not an uncommon occurence. Things were said and the admins on made up a rule that you can't open gates on attackers. I asked if rules can be made by any admin at any time and Geon said yes and threatened to ban me for questioning him. Knowing that Native/Ecko are the keepers of siege can you please clarify some things:

1) Are all admins allowed to make up rules that we all have to abide by on the spot, or is it just whatever is on the welcome message/forums?

2) Please put that questioning the admins (even if done with no malice) is a possible bannable offence.

Also we had a guy opening doors for the attackers that made us lose 3/0 and nothing happened to him even though we all knew who was doing it, as soon as a LLJK opens the gate for 10 seconds there's a new "rule" that we can't open them, hmm...

Offline Denam

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyanide_Taffy, Is_This_Annoying, Tianyuan
Re: NA_Siege rules unclear
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:53:59 am »
Did you take pics of the chat log?

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 02:01:49 am »
Ecko came in and resolved the issue, it is not against the rules to open the gates as defender, unless you do it on purpose to let in the enemy, which is defined as not closing it immediately after.

We can close this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 02:03:55 am »
Reading through the logs, Geon did indeed say he would ban you for questioning him.......and then immediatly said he was joking. So take your false accusations elsewhere.

As for the notion of admins 'creating' rules on the spot, no they cannot 'create' rules....but we give them the power to use their discretion when passing judgement.

Also reading through the logs, it is clear that an LLJK members was opening the gate causing you to lose 3/0.

If this helps at all......defenders are allowed to open gates and doors. If an admin feels that they left it open for the enemy or they are intentionally trying to help the enemy, you may very well be punished.

Offline Geon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Geon, Blazar, qtpi
  • IRC nick: Geon
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 02:18:20 am »
Thank you, Nindurr. Yes what I said was taking completely out of context. I meant it as a joke to ward off further complaining. This was after 30 minutes of arguing with phantom/helloworld. I had already told them to go on the forums and  complain rather than in game chat. The way I see it as if you're opening the gate, and not watching for enemies outside then you deserve a kick. No one was kicked today for opening gates. People instigated a fight about rules because it wasn't in the fine print.

TL;DR don't complain/start arguments with admins in game for ruling decisions.

Offline Paroxysm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 02:44:12 am »
If he said he was joking then I missed it, because I left right after being threatened (I guess your game logs didn't show that). Anyways, I'll close this as it's been resolved, but what's up with the hostility? I think I've been civil and took it to the forums instead of in game like I've been told.