Author Topic: StongHold Crusader 2: Crowdfunding  (Read 931 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
StongHold Crusader 2: Crowdfunding
« on: September 06, 2013, 02:17:35 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: StongHold Crusader 2: Crowdfunding
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 04:43:15 am »
+4
Series has gone downhill, heavily, no way in hell they'll make anything even half as good as SH1 or SHC as long as they stay in 3d, or even be worth 10% of they'll sell it for, and this is coming from a guy who would gladly pay 100USD for an expansion to SH1 that only increased max sprite amount before the game stops working properly and allowed for way bigger maps to be made.

TBH I'll still probably donate due to stronghold being my favorite game series by far, but I shouldn't.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:51:11 am by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:51:16 am »
Have to agree, Stronghold 2 and 3, especially 3 was a total disaster.

Both just shat on the Stronghold everybody likes.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:02:50 am »
I actually liked aspects of SH2 and SH3, the estates system of SH2 was fun, still would've only been fun to use in the original games once in a while, but still fun, to a certain extent I even enjoyed some of that stuff where you had to collect shit and stuff, but the siege equipment of SH2 was so fucking broken, I hate walls that aren't breakable by troops, the lack of 1x1 tilebased individually placeable stairs also pissed me off heavily, but the thing I dislike the most was the ability to not place buildings directly up against each other, honor system was shit, I usually don't care about graphics that much either, but SH2 looked to retarded to truly enjoy... SH3 could've been fun if they'd stuck with a regular tilebased building placement system, had properly allowed buildings to be placed next to eachother/walls, if the game even to this day wasn't COMPLETELY fucking unplayable and buggy, and all the complaints that piss me off in SH2 besides beyond shit graphics also apply here (besides maybe siege equipment, ages since I last played SH3).
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 12:09:57 pm »
+1
Can anyone name a good game, that came out of these crowdfunding schemes?... I am not following all those kickstarters, so it is not a rhetorical question, i was just wondering if that system is working.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 06:17:54 pm »
+1
Leshma was the kickstarter addict titled one, right?

Maybe he.. she.. it.. fuck

Maybe Leshma knows.  :lol:

Joking aside, iirc Chivalry: Medieval Warfare evolved from a kickstarter project.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:53 pm »
Shadowrun Returns, upcoming Star Citizen, a number of others, that i haven't been keeping a track of, it seems to be working...

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »
+1
You know it's pretty messed up when the guy talking in the video admits that stronghold crusader is the team's favourite.

Just improve the original game (Stronghold I&Crusader) dammit.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 08:12:23 pm »
Errrrrr, isn't that the point? :|

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:56 am »
+1
No it isn't. Stronghold I and Stronghold Crusader are the original games. Everyone plays those first two they made, and as the guy in the interview said it was made in 1999. He even says that they are the team's favourite.

Everyone would love a good patch for those games, as it can be seen on the video they don't really have the budget to match the games of today. Just look at those graphics and musics playing on the background. It will not draw the attention of the new generation gamers and it will hardly make it a good game for the old fans. Besides, it will never reach the level of the first two games they have made (it's hardly made by those guys anyway).

So why not just improve the old games, improve their AI a bit and make new campaigns for it? Every money they invest on graphic designing, musics, voice acting, etc. will go to waste as it will never catch up the awesomeness of the first two games.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 04:03:12 pm »
Have to agree, Stronghold 2 and 3, especially 3 was a total disaster.

Both just shat on the Stronghold everybody likes.
TBH I really liked SH 2. Like really. A lot of its aspects were bullshit I agree, but there was pure gold entertainment inside it too.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »
dont touch that shit, stronghold is dead since SH2
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.