Author Topic: question about repair  (Read 1120 times)

Offline eommer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
question about repair
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:15:57 am »
Hello everybody

After playing hours and hours naked I finally could put some gear but I still sux really bad and I cant efford all repairs...
Theres a chance to loose some item if I dont repair? Like a full destroy without chance to repair? Right now Im going back to naked again when I dont have money because I fear that I will loose some item.

so the question is: go back to naked until have the money or I can keep using the damage item without worries?

PS: Man even when my team wins I have to repair, piss me off this shit. I think should be like Battlefield and COD, no repair. :(

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: question about repair
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:07 am »
1. Running naked is bannable offense
2. Youll be able to afford decent gear later, for now its grind grind grind in low to medium gear and suffering cuz youll get raped all the time
3. Not working for ya? Go back to Cod and battlefield

youre welcome
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:19:37 am by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:50:13 am »
Once your items get damaged you need to manually repair them from the website. If they get damaged too much you wont be able to use them until they are repaired.

I highly recommend you start using cheaper equipment, lets say armor + weapons = no more than 35k gold. Then you should be able to pay the upkeep costs and still end up slowly earning more money than you're losing it.
In this game skill weights more than überl33t items.

Offline yakri

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:21:04 pm »
1. Running naked is bannable offense
2. Youll be able to afford decent gear later, for now its grind grind grind in low to medium gear and suffering cuz youll get raped all the time

youre welcome

#3 Makes no sense man, those games aren't really analogous to mount and blade. He should go back to native mount and blade if he doesn't like the grind.

@OP.

Try getting a good weapon, and using really crappy armor. Any armor under 1k gold is great, and costs almost nothing to repair. The awesome thing about it, is the low weight means you won't be slowed, and it usually has enough armor to let you die in 2 hits instead of 1.

Offline eommer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 02:46:12 pm »

that was uncalled and rude man. First because the COd and battlefield use guns I came here because this game with swords and horses. I was just saying that maybe, just maybe, when you unlock (or buy) some weapon you should not worry too much about repairs. Off course could have someone, but Im just saying the price is very high.

I was wandering why I never saw someone using a armorer horse. I guess I know why now. So maybe you are right, I must ask myself if I wanna keep playing a game where is almost certainly that I will not use the gear that I wanna because I will not be able to pay the repairs.

So, I will not loose a Item for like "forever" if I dont repair right? I mean, soon I get the money I will be able to repair and equip again?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:48:59 pm by eommer »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:52:32 pm »
that was uncalled and rude man. First because the COd and battlefield use guns I came here because this game with swords and horses. I was just saying that maybe, just maybe, when you unlock (or buy) some weapon you should not worry too much about repairs. Off course could have someone, but Im just saying the price is very high.

I was wandering why I never saw someone using a armorer horse. I guess I know why now. So maybe you are right, I must ask myself if I wanna keep playing a game where is almost certainly that I will not use the gear that I wanna because I will not be able to pay the repairs.

So, I will not loose a Item for like "forever" if I dont repair right? I mean, soon I get the money I will be able to repair and equip again?

Money isn't a problem unless you extend yourself too much. For now, just use cheap gear until you have about 30k saved. You can then switch to your expensive gear. With that much in the bank, you can ride out your losing streaks easily and then make it all back and then some on your winning streaks. (Well, as long as you don't ride a horse)

Making about 30k doesn't take long at all either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 04:39:41 pm »
Yeah, you should have money and some decent mid-level gear by level...15? 20? Which doesn't take too long. that's when the game really starts. Before this, you're just learning/observing mechanics.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 06:15:39 pm »
It might differ according to admins but I think it's ok to play naked - as long as you spawn with a weapon.

If you dont just run in to die so you can afk every round/hide or some other leeching exploit then I dont think any1 will have a problem with it.

If they do have a problem then it's easily solved by wearing some kind of farmer shirt/pants/shoes etc for a repair cost in the single or low double digits.

As for OP question - i'll try and find out what happens to items if you dont repair them - unless someone posts here with knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:20:55 pm by RandomDude »

Offline eommer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 10:39:34 pm »
ty for all the answers