Author Topic: Random crazy idea #47 : troops for S&D  (Read 906 times)

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
Re: Random crazy idea #47 : troops for S&D
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 10:14:39 pm »
Hate this idea. Individual players matter too little already.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »
Just one point I do agree with with Butan said Fiefs should count more - maybe each village recruits at a certain rate if you want, each castle faster and city faster again? But with some sort of upkeep to encourage factions to use the troops rather than just stockpile?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 10:38:44 pm »
+1
Just brainstorming here, could you give troops an age?  And they die after 6 months?   :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 11:06:38 am »
+2
Kurwa mać... during last three months on EU side of map we lost 393.862 tickets and our present  garrison is 1,016,482 - so while maintaining the current pace of fighting and assuming that there will be no new tics (!) statistically we have tickets for 7.75  month. Until that everyone have a lot of gold and devs don't give a fuck about strat and our tears, so stop making sugestion threads - let's keep a little bit of common sense and start fighting :!:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 01:07:05 pm »
+1
Kurwa mać... during last three months on EU side of map we lost 393.862 tickets and our present  garrison is 1,016,482 - so while maintaining the current pace of fighting and assuming that there will be no new tics (!) statistically we have tickets for 7.75  month. Until that everyone have a lot of gold and devs don't give a fuck about strat and our tears, so stop making sugestion threads - let's keep a little bit of common sense and start fighting :!:

coalition does not fight. coalition is scared. mercs are scared. templars are scared. we are winning. it's a shame that in this version of strat our huge territory gains count for absolutely nothing.

I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 05:47:45 pm »
+2
What if you could buy mercenary troops in fiefs, using S&D ?

So - buy either gear or troops. In best case scenario you have less gear but some troops to wear it. In theory it is a nice idea; I assume it aims in the increase of significance of small clans.

But. (and that is a somewhat brutal "but"):

There was a reason why devs tied strat and crpg by adding strategus ticks. I believe the intention was to limit the amount of "dead souls" aka inactive players that still farmed tickets in fiefs, cause that lead to situation where one-man clan could get a great power on the map having some dead accounts (read: it limited reason for accountsharing  :rolleyes:). The idea was to add a human factor to strategus. To draw more people to crpg. To make the clans "real" in the sense of usefullness of individual members and their contribution to Strat operations. This was a single change that made a very significant difference in how strat is played and the most important one ever - imho at least.

What Butan suggests somewhat reverses the trend but instead of farming tickets by players you could buy them. Considering that everyone complain that there is a hugh overproduction of gold over tickets (which I - being large clan member that actually fights - don't agree with; if you have any surplus of silver just send it to us; we will make a good use of it :D)  the idea looks cool. My only question is:

Why a small clan should have more power (or more fiefs) if it is unable to fill in the roster or farm ticktes cause it lacks guys who actually play? 

You dont have enough troops? Get more men to play with you and act as a single organisation. If you cant, it means you are unworthy of getting more on the map.

You dont have enough money? It means you have a lot of players that DO play crpg so they can steal, kill, and sneak around, so trust me, eventually you will carve out some space on the map for your team. Then you will get more money through the fiefs you own and through the (fucked up) game mechanics that allows to earn more and more, but the ticket production is roughly constant so go and fight 

I'll probably repeat myself but... what we need is an incentive for players to start fighting. I dont believe in change of human mentality (yes, the mentality of all of you, you lazy bitches  :D). Instead I believe in behavioral training. Make troops stacking very expensive, or harmful in other way, so we have a lot more battles. More battles mean weaker large clans. Besides, more voulnerable fiefs will be more accesible to new clans. More voulnerable fiefs will require a lot more sense of startegy from the leaders. And trust me - war is expensive, so when people strat fighting they will quickly find out that earning money tuo support the war  effort is not that easy.... As Harpag rightly stated the current situation is long overdue. And I agree that current garrison/gold situation is sick.

To limit the disproportion between large and small clans it would be enough to put a cap (high enough but at least not unlimited as it currently is) on earnings from your current fiefs. That would give an incentive .... to fight for new ones :) 

And there is one more thing to consider... large clans with large territory that do not spend the gold on war and upkeep but stack troops could buy even more troops to stack them ... All in all - as much as I respect your creativity Butan - NO, it is a bad idea.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 06:29:44 pm »
+1
In the sense of troops from s+d

Make it so you can buy troops after say 5000 s+d. Then to keep your enemies from recruiting you just bust their economy.

In erasmas's case if adding more upkeep costs

Make a faction wide upkeep per troops? It would make things such as the many clans in FCC break into their own labs again. They would be more willing (in my mind) to bust away from alliances and make new buddies, constantly changing the map. In the case of the grey order it would force you guys to have lower troops in your fiefs and more battles regularly. Then small factions would be able to stack more troops/player.

Such as if the faction has over 15,000 troops the upkeep is at like 2 gold per day. No more 100k troops in your faction or your going to go bankrupt while small factions can stack more troops/players.

Wrote this real fast so sorry if its confusing
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 03:14:35 am »
+1
The problem isnt with the troop number (look at the fiefs... 10s of ks of troops), the problem is safety. You are way safer in a fief than when you attack. You need to do the 1/3 rule and lose a lot of troops not cus they die but cus the mechanic is bad. Then you need to besiege something. Attackers are always in worse position (as it should be). But then there is no benefit in losing 10-20k troops to get a castle or a town. Well there is a bit of a benefit, but that benefit might be noticed in a few months or even a year... Change siege mechanics and other stuff related to attacking to promote sieges and demote garrison hoarding...
More troops would only bring bigger static behavior of players... I would just buy tons of troops and i would (already do) have enough gear to support them and money. And lets see how someone could take a fief from me (legaly). Its silly rly... I say no to troop hyper-production...
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.