Author Topic: Ban brokeback_mountaineer, Pizza_Cat_Polly_Esther, Celestial_Wind_Blackcompany  (Read 750 times)

Offline Supreme_Leader

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
1. Winstona_Churchill

2. brokeback_mountaineer, Pizza_Cat_Polly_Esther, Celestial_Wind_Blackcompany

3. ~10PM PDT, NA1

4. Glitching into map, using it to delay/attack out of walls

5. Because they're jabronis

6. http://imgur.com/a/HvkyE

7. Everybody else on scoreboard

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Celestial Wind here.

Point 1: This place was easily accessible, where all it took was to go to one of the entrances and literally walk up and into a natural cave made by two tilted rock formations. The enemy team was easily able to reach us, and once attacked and killed all of us because it was easy to do so.

Point 2: If this was an invisible wall where I could shoot out and nobody could shoot in, then yes I would say this is bannable, but this was a ground level obvious and easily accessible cav (People even rode horses in there) where if I stepped out to shoot then people could (and they did) stab and shoot me.

Point 3: This is no different then a sarannid roof (fortress like with those side walls) with a ladder off to the back where you have total cover unless you "step into view to shoot." It required no special jumping, just literally walk into the natural cave at ground level.

If TPTB really decide that people should not go in there, then I'll avoid it from now on, but the map really should be modified to disallow this behavior... The roofs in other maps with nearby tents and barrels are harder to access and people use those all the time....

Thank you for your time. As a side note, there were about a dozen other people from both teams who also were in there in various rounds, I don't think anyone thought it was inappropriate given how obvious and accessible it was. If I am deemed guilty, I do hope that it will be considered that this is the first time I've ever had a ban thread issued towards me, and that I've never been banned (yet, apparently).

EDIT: I also don't know what a Jabroni is... Mind a clarification on why that is a "reason" for what I did and what it means? Last I checked it is a clan, or sub-clan of Semen_Storm.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:00:27 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
brokeback_mountaineer here. Just as celestial_wind said, this area is easily accessible and both teams spent a lot of time in there during that game. By now this is probably a well known feature on that map. If it is against the rules to enter it, then perhaps the map should be fixed instead of punishing the players. If I were leeching while in the area, a ban thread would be understandable, but I was not leeching.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Going to put this here for you boys.

NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)

Straight out of the rules. That's a NO NO to be camping out there.

EDIT: I also don't know what a Jabroni is... Mind a clarification on why that is a "reason" for what I did and what it means? Last I checked it is a clan, or sub-clan of Semen_Storm.

Jus a bunch of raging online nerds is similar to what JABONRA was(Just a bunch of nerds raging (forgot what A ment)) Maybe? Or it could reference guys broing it up.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:03:03 pm by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
i've witnessed many KICKED for checking out that glitch, but never banned. I was there and this really wasnt that big of a deal.. atleast not ban worthy. They were curious.. now they know.. and now they know they'll be kicked for it. I'm sure it wont happen again. However its good to know you cry ban all the time while being a known purposeful twing idiot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
I am going to let this go with a warning. Normally whenever I give an ingame warning people stop entering this area (which is against the rules as Anders pointed out). Locking thread, please direct any criticisms to my admin feedback thread.

Something that I have seen frequently are people posting in ban requests when they are not involved/do not contribute to a thread. As a heads up, it is against the etiquette of this section of the forums to do so.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.