Author Topic: [Ban] Iegos & TravazolKrem  (Read 473 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
[Ban] Iegos & TravazolKrem
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »
1. Name of your character involved:
Nord_Jarlek_The_Blue
2. Name of offending character(s)
Iegos and TravazolKrem. Unsure if it is a small L or a big i on Iegos. I've used the big I when i type his name.
3. Time and server, as accurately as possible
EU_2, 20.08.2013 at 18:30-18:40
4. Written description of what happened, the whole story. Also what happened before and after.
I just went on EU 2 and spawn in the defending team as a new round starts. Recognizing the map, I know that holding the small gate is the key to victory. That small gate is right in front of attacker spawn and there are no more defenses from that and to the flag. Losing the small gate is a loss for defense 99% of the time.

As I stand there, Iegos rides up, dismounts and starts to face the gate mechanisms. I try to stand infront of him to cancel it, but he just keeps moving around to open it. I type in teamchat for him to stop it and to warn my allies, I type in admin chat to try to contact an admin (never admins on siege :cry:). I then start nudging him away from the gate mechanism. After around 1 minute of me trying to stop him from opening the gate (around 5:50 after round started) he starts reporting my nudges and tries to kick me away. I nudge him a couple of more times but just give up on trying to stop him from opening the gate and start taking screens of it instead. See screen 1&2. (note: for some reason it didn't take a screen when the log was up where he finally opened the gate, but you can see that in the server logs yourself. Time should be 18:30 CET).

I close the gate as fast as I can before the enemy notice and rushes it, barely closing it right infront of some enemies who saw him riding out. I then continue defending the gate mechanism during the round, together with allies respawning after dying on the walls.

Towards the end, I notice another ally, TravazolKrem, just standing infront of the gate mechanism. Suddenly, the gate opens and I realize he opened them. He then runs around while an ally (Harpag_the_Grey, who was guarding the gate with me for most of the map) tries to close it. Before he can close it, Travazol jumps ON the mechanism. For those who don't know, you can't use gate controls (or ladders) when someone is standing on them. Since the gate was open, this was kinda dangerous. I didn't notice it right then, but I see now on the creen that it was only 25 seconds left, but opening the gate as a defender and then hindering allies to close it, especially on a map where the gate is alpha and omega, is pretty serious griefing. A third ally manages to knock him off tough and harpag closes the gate just as the round ends.

Begging the new round, I'm switched over. As I'm pushing the siege tower, I notice someone is reporting TravazolKrem for teamwounding. Since he just opened the gate as a defender last round, I start taking screens. Travazol gets 5/5 and is kicked at the beginning of the round, before pretty much anyone get in fighting range (apart from archer/xbows).
5. Why you think the offender did what he did.*
Because they are new and stupid is an option, but my guess is because they like griefing. Opening the gate leading straight to attacker spawn is pretty obviously a dumb move, so even if they are new they should understand that. Maybe Iegos just didn't get it, but after I told him to stop in chat and physically tried to stop him, he should have understood that he shouldn't do it.

TravazolKrem was just plainly griefing.
6. Multiple Screenshots
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
7. Names of players who witnessed what happened.**
Doubt anyone but me saw Iegos, but the logs should be clear.

I know Harpag the Grey saw Travazol, Rufio too, so should Kafein (he was the 2hander blocking the gate after it was opened) and the OdE horseman.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: [Ban] Iegos & TravazolKrem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »
Both players banned for one (1) day for griefing.

If either of the offenders wish to contact me, please do so and we'll discuss things.

Thanks for reporting,

Tenne.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are