Author Topic: Completely retarded default loss mechanic when a battle is canceled!  (Read 516 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Here I was, thinking "Well, let's get some funny and useless gear for that 40k silver of yours and raid around a little before you get stomped by a huge shiny army!"

So, I bought said useless gear and I started recruiting my army. Set the cap to 500 and waited.

When I reached 200 men, I spotted a player that I personally dislike right next to me and got all happy and excited. He is probably not even playing strat but I figured it might gimme so satisfaction to kill him :)

So, I waited for a good time. 5pm gmt+2, or w/e time zone I am in, and I started the attack. When I reloaded the page 10 minutes later the attack was booked in... And then I suddenly realized "Crap, you have to work tomorrow evening during that time." After the attack was like 10 minutes old, I pressed the "cancel attack"-button cuz I wouldn't want to ask someone else to lead that battle for me, obviously.

And I got the message for the attack being off... I didn't read the message carefully... already thinking about attacking at 7pm... and then I realized that all my troops were gone.

That is freaking retarded. I get the idea to make people careful about attacks or blocking castles for other armies or whatever abusive crap people came up with during other strat rounds... but being punished after 10 minutes is just bullshit.

Make the first hour or 30 minutes or something free to cancel! For all those strat no-lifers it might be no big deal or they'd say "Deal with it!" but I was just trying to have some harmless fun and now crap like this is a huge turn-off for me. I would need to wait another... dunno... 3 days or something, just to get my tiny rabble of peasants back and start that attack again but why bother when there something that stupid in place that ruins my fun in mere seconds.

Again... Make the first hour or 30 minutes or something free to cancel! Everything else is just dumb.

/rant

Flame on...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Completely retarded default loss mechanic when a battle is canceled!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »
48 * 30 min = 24h of free blocking
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:46:03 pm »
+1
48 * 30 min = 24h of free blocking
How about everyone stops being abusing assholes and just play it properly? Then there wouldn't even be the need for such a stupid mechanic.

Then make it free cancellation for the first 30 minutes and not being able to attack for 1hour after a cancelled battle. It's easy to come up with a proper rule set without ripping troops off.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:25:28 pm »
+3
How about everyone stops being abusing assholes and just play it properly? Then there wouldn't even be the need for such a stupid mechanic.
Then make it free cancellation for the first 30 minutes and not being able to attack for 1hour after a cancelled battle. It's easy to come up with a proper rule set without ripping troops off.
your world is so beautiful, so perfect  :P

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:32:40 pm »
Or maybe it is a mechanic to find a retard?