Author Topic: Name Changes  (Read 324 times)

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Name Changes
« on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:09 pm »
Why is it that you can do a full rename of a Skip the fun for 1k gold with no oversight, but your mains name can't be changed for 1k gold, only typo's ect? I suggest name changes for all mains with oversight! For instance, as many of my European brethren can attest, sometimes decisions are made while under the influence of booze, and we wish to change that on the day of sobriety. Perhaps there could be a system tied in with Bans / Kicks / time played, which would show an admin that the player asking for the name change is a decent player who doesn't abuse the game often, giving him the ability / more leeway in getting a full name change?

I understand there would be a massive amount of name change requests (there probably already are), and so this system would put rule abiding players ahead of others in regards to full name changes.

Hell, if it's too much, appoint a voluntary admin who's sole purpose is accepting / denying name changes. I'm sure there are many players out there who want to be an admin, and this could be their first stepping stone. You could see how well they judge players based on their accepting or denying of name changes.

Either way, I am not a good drunk peasant assassin, and I wish to return to my previous name.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: Name Changes
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:15:29 pm »
you can buy a name change from the auctions

the cheaper alternative: you can rename your character when retiring (which is probably the reason why you can just rename your skip the fun for 1k gold)
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login