Author Topic: Great Winged Helmet...  (Read 2070 times)

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Great Winged Helmet...
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 02:24:11 am »
version villager

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

version lordly

version gothic- Milanese plate

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 07:04:07 am »
pretty obviously a body armor texture misnamed and thus attached to a helmet texture.

The model is fine, with proper texturing.

would be nice if we actually got some more of these fantastical yet realistic late period tournament/eastern european campaign teutonic knight style helmets... probably seen on battlefields elsewhere too i'm sure. Everyone loves to hate on the original horned/winged bucket, to the point that people have lost their sense regarding their actual historical factuality, and dismissed them, like the properly dismissed horned viking helmet.

Yeah, theyre 'showy'... People of the upper classes on the battle field when possible probably where at the time as well...

I'd like to see MOAR... just make sure you put the right texture on next time, so we dont get the 'repeat after everyone else to sound cool' hate next time, will ya?   :wink:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 12:46:13 pm »
Wasn't being "showy" at the time some sort of life insurance ? That most enemies would try to capture you alive if you looked like a noble, to get a ransom ?

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 01:22:02 pm »
Yeah, i would imagine, but, it would also be probably limited to theatre of opps, where that was the rule?

We really could use alot more of the extravagant stuff though, would be a good money/loom sink and would be relatively easy to implement, unless there's a model threshold...

But there is room - even if one would need to eliminate some of the current, dontcha think?

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:23 am »
would be nice if we actually got some more of these fantastical yet realistic late period tournament/eastern european campaign teutonic knight style helmets... probably seen on battlefields elsewhere too i'm sure.

Yeah, theyre 'showy'... People of the upper classes on the battle field when possible probably where at the time as well...

I'd like to see MOAR... just make sure you put the right texture on next time, so we dont get the 'repeat after everyone else to sound cool' hate next time, will ya?   :wink:
I completely agree.