Author Topic: Ban Chivalry_Is_Better  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Just A Random Pizza Guy

• Count
  • Renown: 153
  • Infamy: 3
  • Bottom Shot NA/Ban thread Attorney.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul/Fuck Ravens
  • Game nicks: Random_Pizza_Guy
Re: Ban Chivalry_Is_Better
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 03:56:23 am »
(click to show/hide)

Allow me Pizza Guy, to help you out here.
*Puts on Examiners Glasses*
Well, we can see from the screen shot that the round end has just happened (Valour, plus a team switch or someone leaving server)
Next we can tell, from looking at the screen shot, he has Death messages on (BTW, use WSE, it color codes the messages in log for easier viewing later)
Following this round end, we see said Defendent TK Murph the Serf. Murph, for anyone who doesn't know is a very weak health character and you can kill him with rocks in like 4 hits.
Next we see that Chivalry reports Pizzaguy for his admitted kicking. Based upon the fact he just intentionally TKed someone with a crossbow this could be seen as a way to disrupt him reloading Xbow for another purposeful(seen later) TK.
Following this, we can see that he then goes and kills ANOTHER person before he leaves the server.

And for a further timescale, we can see that the first XP tick has gone off AFTER both TKs meaning they were performed within 30 seconds of round start, severely limiting the "Oops!" mistake to nil.
Thanks for this, You obviously have alot more knowledge about the game and It's mechanics, such as the first exp tick thing.
I hope this cleared up any uncertainty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline wonka11

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 03:57:59 am »
First off, on Me TW'ing, You can now report 0 damage(kicks, nudges, etc.) Him being in a heavy Kuyak, I am confident no damage was taken. And, If you look carefully at my picture you will see a valour message right at the top of my highlighting proving that it was the start of the round for the convienience of the admins.

And while I am a "third-party" I was affected by his intention to kill his teammates as the 2 that were killed affected the outcome of the round I was participating in.

Without any timing indicators on his line of text, it still stands that there is no possible way to indicate how far into the match we are. Furthermore there absolutely no way to tell if these were indeed intentional, and despite the situation provided can be nothing but conjecture regardless to this individuals post.

Again, and I will say it for emphasis, there is no way to prove exactly how far in this happened without time markings to indicate just how long after the end of the last round or from the beginning of the new round these shootings occurred regardless of the original poster's intentional team wounding, which also could be completely and totally unrelated to the incident and done out of annoyance or malicious intent in the first place. I could easily create the situation where the player made an unfortunate shot, the OP kicked him out of his proven sense of visiting judgement on others, and a second also unfortunate shot occurred. The player could just have been having a terrible day with his shots, which happens incredibly often as any player here knows, every round.

Again, nothing but conjecture can come from the evidence at hand. This is a fact, and without further evidence you can not escape this argument.

If anything the OP should be tried under his same logical deductions and banned, or the case should be dismissed in light of circumstantial and possibly biased testimony. Any other decision would not only be illogical and breaking with the evidence, it would be emotional and unfounded.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:03:18 am by wonka11 »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 04:00:43 am »
Without any timing indicators on his line of text, it still stands that there is no possible way to indicate how far into the match we are. Furthermore there absolutely no way to tell if these were indeed intentional, and despite the situation provided can be nothing but conjecture regardless to this individuals post.

Again, and I will say it for emphasis, there is no way to prove exactly how far in this happened without time markings to indicate just how far after the end of the last match or from the beginning of this match these shootings occurred regardless of the original poster's intentional team wounding, which also could be completely and totally unrelated to the incident and done out of annoyance or malicious intent in the first place.

Again, nothing but conjecture can come from the evidence at hand. This is a fact, and without further evidence you can not escape this argument.

And at this point I believe you should be reported. Please let the ADMINS make the decision and stay out of it. If you are not directly involved and have nothing to contribute, leave.

You have also ignored, what is, in effect a full explanation of this event. Take your "expert opinion" elsewhere and leave this up to the people who matter. Or are you chivalry or know him?

Offline wonka11

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 04:07:53 am »
And at this point I believe you should be reported. Please let the ADMINS make the decision and stay out of it. If you are not directly involved and have nothing to contribute, leave.

You have also ignored, what is, in effect a full explanation of this event. Take your "expert opinion" elsewhere and leave this up to the people who matter. Or are you chivalry or know him?

Reported for what? Providing a logical argument that can actually be substantiated? This is an emotional out lash. The original poster was not directly involved and again by that logic, this post should not even exist, nor should you be here as well.

The truth of the matter is, that you, nor OP, or anyone else has submitted any kind of logical or well written argument to refute or in the very least challenge the points that I have made.

If this goes through, it will only prove two things:

1) That bans are made irregardless of evidence, logic, or argumentation and players are at the emotional whim of their peers and the admins. No real 'justice' can be served under this system.
2) It also sets the tone that there is absolutely no precedence to who is allowed to speak or judge the information and is subject to the abuse that would occur if I was 'indeed' reported for critiquing and providing solid argument(s) to the situation, since I was indeed not involved. Its important to reflect that no one currently posting in this thread was directly involved in the incident or a player who was team wounded.

Again by your own logic, you should be reported along with the op for not being 'directly involved'.

Stop your emotional out-lashes, you will gain no proper respect if you can not come to a logical conclusion or a solid argument without resorting to ad-hominem attacks and your emotional judgement of others.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:11:32 am by wonka11 »

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 04:10:33 am »
Reported for what? Providing a logical argument that can actually be substantiated? This is an emotional out lash. The original poster was not directly involved and again by that logic, this post should not even exist, nor should you be here as well.

The truth of the matter is, that you, nor OP, or anyone else has submitted any kind of logical or well written argument to refute or in the very least challenge the points that I have made.

If this goes through, it will only prove two things:

1) That bans are made irregardless of evidence or logic and players are at the emotional whim of their peers and the admins. No real 'justice' can be served under this system.
2) It also sets the tone that there is absolutely no precedence to who is allowed to speak or judge the information and is subject to the abuse that would occur if I was 'indeed' reported for critiquing and providing solid argument(s) to the situation.

Again by your own logic, you should be reported along with the op for not being 'directly involved'.

Stop your emotional out-lashes, you will gain no proper respect if you can not come to a logical conclusion or a solid argument without resorting to ad-hominem attacks and your emotional judgement of others.
Luckily, When an admin gets around to checking the logs this will all be cleared up as they will clearly show the true story.

Offline wonka11

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 04:14:46 am »
Luckily, When an admin gets around to checking the logs this will all be cleared up as they will clearly show the true story.

Unless there is video evidence or a series of screen shots showing the position of all players, it is still unconvincing as to what really happened. The truth is, this is a terrible argument on multiple levels and can be refuted by any number of reasons without a series of screen shots.

I wonder, you've admitted to team wounding, how should we deal with your infractions and should we ignore your actions or judge them according to your demands that justice be served? Are you above server rules as well?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 04:16:49 am »

Pizza, Just leave the thread Alone. Admins will sort this out. Do not respond to this guy. Walk away and ignore what he says(aka don't feed the troll). Truth will be shown regardless of how much logic he tries to toss around.

Your case has been made, and I helped illuminate it. Nothing more needs to be done. Only the defendant is left to answer for his crimes or lack there of.

Trust me, I am the owner of these forums. :D I'm not known as Banders for nothing.

Offline wonka11

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:59 am »
...regardless of how much logic he tries to toss around.

So your option is to appeal to the emotional senses and abandon reason, logic, ergo our tools used to interpret the truth?

Not only is that counter-intuitive, its self destructive and can not lead you to any truth, be it in this thread or about the world around you.

Arguments have been said and I'll leave it at that, but your stance is to abandon logic and reason to appeal to your emotional senses. A strategy that will fail you in life, albeit being popular among the less critically reflective.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 04:20:26 am »
Pizza, Just leave the thread Alone. Admins will sort this out. Do not respond to this guy. Walk away and ignore what he says(aka don't feed the troll). Truth will be shown regardless of how much logic he tries to toss around.

Your case has been made, and I helped illuminate it. Nothing more needs to be done. Only the defendant is left to answer for his crimes or lack there of.

Trust me, I am the owner of these forums. :D I'm not known as Banders for nothing.
Yeah, I was about to respond to his last post, when I decided to just leave it alone and wait for an admin/moderator to sort things, Thanks again.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 10:19:56 am »
You can use your fancy speak all you want wonka, it doesn't change facts.

I checked the logs and the time stamp proves that the round just had started (everyone can tell that the round just started because It says "Thy valour has been rewarded which happens right at the end of the round anything after that little server message is the beginning of the next round.)

I banned you today for doing this very thing for 12 hours, after reading this I have decided to extend that ban by 2 days.

Next time I highly recommend you don't try to be a lawyer on the internet or you might end up being a sociopath like that random pizza guy.

Enjoy your break Wonka