Poll

What do you think?

Approved
Not Approved
Approved With Variations (see my reply)

Author Topic: Give light cavalry a purpose on the battlefield!  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
Re: Give light cavalry a purpose on the battlefield!
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2013, 12:31:58 am »
even if you run around naked with 8 athletics you will never catch anyone riding on horse [donkey is exception, and not really a horse]. lemme fix this.

light infantry: decent speed, low upkeep
heavy infantry: slow, high upkeep
light horseman: extremely fast, low to medium upkeep
heavy horseman: good speed, high upkeep

note: by heavy horseman i mean a guy who has armored horse, not just a guy who rides a horse in heavy armor.

you gotta understand that unarmored horse trades off armor and hitpoints for speed,upkeep and, in some cases, maneuverablility.

i really don't give enough of a damn to restate my point in more denotative wording for you.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Give light cavalry a purpose on the battlefield!
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2013, 04:05:18 pm »
+2
I don't think you quite understand what I'm trying to say.

Light footman = fast, low upkeep
Heavy footman = slow, high upkeep
Light horseman = fast, low upkeep
Heavy horseman = fast, high upkeep

There is our inconsistency and so the light horseman is at a disadvantage. I could be the richest player in cRPG, but if myself (as a light horseman) fought another player of equal skill (as a heavy horseman), I would always lose.

You're a bit off on your pseudo numbers.

Light infantry:  20~25k.
Heavy infantry: 30~40k.
Light cavalry: 35~50k.  You have to remember that a heavy lance is 10k and a courser, Arabian or destrier are 20k+
Heavy cavalry: 60~75k or more.

The thing is, most players will do better as heavy infantry because they can wear 20k more armor and sink 5-7 more points into if, wm or ps.

The heavy lance costs too much for its utility now.  Its worthless on foot and the regular lance is just about as good in 90% of the situations.  Its actual utility was nerfed by half, but the price wasnt lowered.  Plus all of the light horses usually get one shot, and the rider killed while falling.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄