Author Topic: Upkeep Prices  (Read 485 times)

Offline Alvin_the_Chipmunk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • How do you like the avatar of the backflip?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apple_the_Gold
  • IRC nick: What's that?
Upkeep Prices
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:27 pm »
+3
No, i'm not asking to decrease the upkeep amount (but maybe a little bit :D)

What i'm really asking for is that when you go to your inventory in battle, instead of letting you know what the buying price is, it says what the upkeep/repair price is for the weapon or armor. This would be much more reliable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Upkeep Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »
+1
It's always 7%. Do the maths.  :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:10:03 pm »
Would be nice to show ingame, but doubt the devs have much control over that type of stuff. It has shown the value of heirloom items with a random meaningless value for a long time. Just check on the main website for that
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gudari

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:48:40 pm »
I don't follow  thoroughly the forums and I don't know if this have been said before but what about having to pay every minute a 4% of that maintenance costs instead of having a 4% random chance of paying the full of it?

It will be helpful to know exactly what's your income and expenses at any moment (and it is more fair IMHO as you get rid of the randomness).

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:38 pm »
Upkeep being "totally" random is much better. If it was 4% of the 7% of the buying price, it would be a far too low upkeep.

Gear worth 13,513 gold has an upkeep of 944. 4% of that is 37,76 gold. If a round takes 6 minutes, that's 226,56 gold to pay. Income with x1 and 6 minutes is 6x50 gold = 300 gold. Income of 73,44 gold.

Gear worth 53,507 gold has an upkeep of 3,743. 4% of that is 149,72 gold. If a round takes 6 minutes, that's 898,32 gold to pay. Income with x1 and 6 minutes is 6x50 gold = 300 gold.
Income of - 598,32 gold.
That's nothing. Alone for the Hourglass gauntlets in that gear set up (second case) the upkeep is 520 gold.

Imo any gold income is only meant for upkeep. If you use medium gear it covers the upkeep + often gives some extra gold /sometimes you lose some gold at a bad day. If your gear is more expensive you obviously lose some gold and may need some gold backup. If its much cheaper you will win a lot of gold, so thats the times you can save gold for times when you use more expensive gear.

I currently always know what I am about to pay after each round. I know the max so I usually guess I got to pay about the half (+/- 10%). And with medium gear you can be sure you're usually covering the upkeep while having x3.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 09:09:51 pm »
+2
It shows the upkeep for each weapon on the website. Just write it down if you're really obsessed....or just write it down when you see the cost once it gets broken in game.