Author Topic: Concerning the Couch change: Please relook at it, and maybe redo my test?  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Concerning Couch Lances and Regular lances.

I did a quick test. Against ~60 Body Armor and 20 Strength, 6 Ironflesh(roughly, we used two different people, but it comes out to about right here)

A Great Lance(47p) would 1 hit anyone from a Champ Rouncey and Up, while it wouldn't from a plated charger. So speed bonus matters, and unfortunately, for a Great Lance or a Jousting lance, Speed is very important over a regular thrusting lance. This was a general test for effectiveness, and was the same for a head hit or body hit.

Then I used a champ rouncey and a lance(28p). Against the same heavy armor and Ironflesh of the champ rouncy GL test. The Lance did ~80% if hit in the head against heavy armor, and ~70% for a body shot. Then he switched to Heraldic Mail w/Tabard and 2 ironflesh(A medium armor getup), and with the same Lance and Champ rouncy, it was a 1 hit for a head shot and 80% for a body shot.

Recommend relook at balance between thrusting lances and couch only lances.
Lower Overall couch down slightly(to like .4 instead of .45) and buff couch only damage.
Right now, the lance can do, more or less the same as a great lance, but retains the ability to thrust.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The great lance is pretty damn long though...
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
You don't have to get polearm wpf for using great lance, it's not supposed to be as effective as any other lance.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
^I think the idea is that the lance actually gets better when loomed. I'm pretty sure at 50p it will have a much greater chance to kill
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
they buffed couches in general and nerfed the only couchable lances a bit i dont understand your problem a couch from a heavy lance glanced at me once so it is fine this change

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
If you're moving away from the rider you can still have couch glances, at least with the heavy lance, and if you're wearing reasonably heavy armour.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
If you're moving away from the rider you can still have couch glances, at least with the heavy lance, and if you're wearing reasonably heavy armour.

I only used Lance and guy standing still. Lance is the more "proper" horseback thrusting polearm(of course, this is debatable, some like HL other just the Lance. I personally Prefer the Lance when using thrusting pole arms.). I did the test to show that, couch only lances are only slightly "better" than the thrusting polearms.

Pros of Thrusting Lances(compared to couch only):
Can Thrust
Usable any time

Usable off Horseback
(Maybe other lesser ones)
Larger hit angle in non couch mode(I believe it's slightly larger, otherwise couch and thrust have same angle)

They have a lot of advantages, but lose out on the length(thats really where couch only lances beat them is there length). So, a Couch only lance should be >>> better than a regular thrusting lance in the couch department, yet, with my test a 28p LANCE almost kills every time against heavy armor/strength and can kill all the time lighter armored foes.

Therefore I was suggesting give the couch only lances a little more damage, reduce the couch modifier. That way the couch lances retain their niche of long, almost always 1 hit kills. The thrusting lances will then be a more primary thrusting while couching when they can for moderately more damage over a thrust.

(I don't believe PS effects couch damage, but someone needs to check that. If it doesn't then even MORE reason to buff back the GL like I say)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
I find the difference between great lance and heavy lance big.
Couch lancing with the heavy lance is shit compared to the great lance, which always does lots of damage.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
I find the difference between great lance and heavy lance big.
Couch lancing with the heavy lance is shit compared to the great lance, which always does lots of damage.

When the great lance was 71p yes, have you tried it now that it's in the mid 40s for pierce damage?  Guessing it will 1 shot a lot less (even with the great lance at 71p I wouldn't always 1 hit kill people, even with a neutral speed bonus, or slightly positive).  But then again I only great lanced in strategus where everyone has 60-70 armor.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
When the great lance was 71p yes, have you tried it now that it's in the mid 40s for pierce damage?  Guessing it will 1 shot a lot less (even with the great lance at 71p I wouldn't always 1 hit kill people, even with a neutral speed bonus, or slightly positive).  But then again I only great lanced in strategus where everyone has 60-70 armor.

Oh, I didn't know about that nerf. That's a big change in damage... but I guess it's sufficient.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
+4
I read the title of this thread and was so tired i was like...

WTF does he want with the change in my couch?

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
My post has nothing to do with this thread but,

Why does this guy

they buffed couches in general and nerfed the only couchable lances a bit i dont understand your problem a couch from a heavy lance glanced at me once so it is fine this change

Have a freaking Fabio duck with hair in the wind and shit. Ducks don't have long hair and ducks don't stair at things majestically in the wind.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Have a freaking Fabio duck with hair in the wind and shit. Ducks don't have long hair and ducks don't stair at things majestically in the wind.

(click to show/hide)