Author Topic: What should I loom first?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline noxnoctum

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
What should I loom first?
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:08:52 am »
+3
I'm playing a 15-24 HA. I just reached 31 and I was going to loom my horn bow but I'm not sure if it's worth it now for a tiny missile speed increase. Should I loom my horse first? I use a desert horse mainly.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: What should I loom first?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:39:24 am »
+2
You shouldnt loom your horse from the beginning tho. 3 LPs is a bit too much for one item these days. Save the LP and wait another generation and some gold and try to buy it for 2 LPs and some gold. 50-150k at max. You should get a desert horse +3 for that (with some patience, desert horse is rather rare I believe).

Otherwise you could also get an Arabian Warhorse instead. Of course that depends on you what horse you prefer after all.

However don't loom anything from scratch. You get bows, arrows, armor and also your horse for less than 3 LPs.  :wink:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:43:20 am by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 11:31:37 am »
buy or loom gloves first.
Don't loom bows,they are cheapest looms on market.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:15:31 pm »
Looming a horse gives big benefits, you won't regret it.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 12:19:37 pm »
I'd say save 2 lps and trade them unless you're gonna loom something very rare

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 12:45:14 pm »
+1
buy or loom gloves first.
Don't loom bows,they are cheapest looms on market.

If he stays dedicated Horse Archer, his horse, arrows and bows are quite more important tho. What he really doesnt need is a melee weapon or armor. Improving horse speed, maneuver and amount of arrows/bow accuracy is really important for a Horse Archery. 5 Body Armor doesnt change much.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 12:58:36 pm »
Dude he is gonna get boored of it very fast,and wtf is he gonna do with horse or bow?
Only kill himself,you can be effective HA without a mw horse or bow.

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 01:37:47 pm »
I see. You dislike having more HAs as enemy. Good he doesn't care about it, while he's enjoying playing it. HAs do not need more armor.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »
HA is a very fun class if you know what you're doing actually.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 05:12:18 pm »
+2
1. Save up loom points
2. Use marketplace
3. ?????
4. Profit!!!

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »
+1
what I hear from most players is that you should AVOID spending your own loompoints. A +1 item will barely cause an increase in performance. Your best bet is to hold onto the loompoint and save it for when you find a cheap trade on the market for an item you really want.

Also fyi if you retire at 32 you get 2 looms. I did that and held onto my 2 LPs for more than a month waiting for a decent trade on the market. I spent 2 LPs and 130k on masterwork rus scale. I think this is how most people trade for +3 gear.

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 07:12:00 pm »
I think keep your firts loompoints is best.
Good luck!  :D
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 11:19:30 pm »
+2
what I hear from most players is that you should AVOID spending your own loompoints. A +1 item will barely cause an increase in performance. Your best bet is to hold onto the loompoint and save it for when you find a cheap trade on the market for an item you really want.

If you are going to stick with CRPG and can be patient, it is a LOT more efficient to wait 2 generations and trade 2 loom points + gold for a +3 item. The only time it would be better to use 3 points yourself is if the item you want is really rare. I had to use 3 points to make a +3 steel buckler, because I couldn't find anyone with one to trade for months. Bows and arrows are easy to trade for. Horses aren't too hard to find. Desert horse, steppe horse and arabian horse are all available on the marketplace.

As for what to get first, I would recommend a horse if you plan to stick with horse archery. It will greatly increase your speed and maneuverability. Your horse also gets extra durability which is a big deal. If your horse dies as a HA, you are basically a foot archer with bad stats.

Bow and arrow are both worth the investment. I'm not sure which I would get first after the patch, but I guess I'd get arrows. The extra ammo helps a lot with horse archery.

If you can join a large clan, almost all of them have +3 horn bows and some kind of arrow available in the armory. You can test out +3 bow and arrow without spending a lot of time buying them yourself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 04:40:08 pm »
Arrow looms are probably the worst investment seeing as how they give you no bonuses other than ammo. If you actually survive long enough as HA to use up all your ammo, then just trade a loompoint for +1 bodkins and a 100k. That will give you 18 ammo, +2s also give you 18 ammo(wtf) So dont throw that second loompoint in the garbage. As for bows, Horn bow is probably your best bet and is easy to trade for. As for horses it would be far better to loom a destrier which is already a great horse, is easily traded and is better for a broader range of classes.

As for HA builds 18/18 is much more flexible and has good melee ability. If you run out of arrow just go 1h/cav and kill it up

str 18
agi 18

if 2
ps 6
pd 6
rid 6
ha 3
wm 6

1h 75
archey 150
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:02:16 pm by Stormcrow »
Gen 19 lvl34 archer