Author Topic: Problems with main character change  (Read 465 times)

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
Problems with main character change
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »
hi, Im having some issues with changing my main character. I had a character named ClusterDia set as my main. I had an other character named Templar_ClusterFuck that I wanted to make into the main character. According to what I read at the character page, I had to delete the main character to be able to make an other character my main. So I deleted ClusterDia which was my main character. Then I assumed that the option to set Templar_ClusterFuck as main character would pop back up on the character screen, but it hasent. First I figured it just took some time, and now its about 20 hours since I deleted ClusterDia (my former main) and the option to set a new main has not popped up yet.

Anyone who can help me? Anyone who has done a main character change? I would be grateful for any tips.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Problems with main character change
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »
IRC peeps say that you need to create a new character then make that your main.

I think the thing is, from a guess, that once you have a main, all other characters that ever exist while it does are disqualified from becoming a main, so once your main is 'killed' then all characters created after that point will qualify again.

I highly reccomend that you ask it there now as all the devs visit IRC at this time, so you can ask specific questions.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
Re: Problems with main character change
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 05:15:20 pm »
thanks, I'll go do that.

EDIT: got info from the guys in irc. they said the same as you ToD. Guess I'll have to make a new char then.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:35:22 pm by Diavolo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login