Author Topic: ETA on nudge removal  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ETA on nudge removal
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »
+2
I just hope these extra features will remain securely in the background of actual fighting with Medieval weaponry.

That the polearm and 2h 'nudges' will involve the weapons themselves sound promising though I'm usually too reactionary to be much for abilities outside the attack/block mini game.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2013, 11:23:18 pm »
Actually thought about both of those, particularly things that utilized the backside of the pole. Unfortunately, weapons like the boar spear and the pike which have completely different lengths past the hand, make this nearly impossible to do.

I know it multiplies your work by ten fold but why not include different nudges on different weapons type/length to solve this ?

Guess the answer is time  :lol:

I hope what you're doing will be polished and injected in the new game  :)

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2013, 01:37:05 am »
+4
(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [Ant]

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2013, 02:23:44 am »
+1
This thread is a typical example on someone making a funny post and having an "Amerifat" take offence. Fact is we all make mistakes some of us try to undo them others don't care enough to.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2013, 02:30:39 am »
+2
Definitely not the same person, Paul is an Amerifat. You're right though, currently I'm working on making the animations for other nudges and then after that we have some other goodies planned as well. Right now what I have completed is a two-handed pommel strike that originates from over the player's head and a pole-shove animation, much like a hockey cross check. Next on my list is a headbutt nudge.  8-)

this is cool and all, but you need to make these things ==Hard To use!==

thanks ! corsair :)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2013, 10:34:52 am »
+2
Nudge is not that hard to counter by the way. Can't speak about hoplites, but it is possible to counter nudge with smart movements and well placed attacks for other classes. high difference in AGI can be a serious problem though.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2013, 07:19:07 pm »
+6
The thing to keep in mind, is that right now nudge stun is instant and with the next nudge patch it won't be. What that means is that the instant someone presses 'v' it checks to see if their opponent is in range and if so, it immediately stuns/knocks back/knocks down the character. With the next patch there will be a delay on the attack+nudge and the defend+nudge so that any player doing these, becomes very susceptible to spam, thus making it much more situational. Not only that, but getting hit by nudges will also only stun your upper body. Which means you lose the opportunity to attack, but are still able to move around. So it's clearly a step in the right direction, I'm just not sure we found the perfect solution, much larger testing is required for that.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2013, 08:18:01 pm »
I am also confused about the knockdown. Supposedly, it's when you're backpedaling and swinging, but I have seen and gotten knocked down from moving back and blocking and another from just moving back. In the second instance, I may have pressed attack right when I got nudged. It makes more sense to get knocked down when your swing has reached a point where you can release and swing or if you are midswing.

Having 3 different nudge types does sound like it's difficult to balance, especially with the decision for attack nudge's stun length. Should it stun long enough to get an extra hit in with the new delay? If so, then that makes it incredibly powerful. If not, I believe people will just use the quick nudge. Maybe enough just for dagger-type weapons?

Anyways, I will wait patiently for the update.