Author Topic: Server Lag. Needs to be adressed.  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Dragonette

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Server Lag. Needs to be adressed.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 04:54:24 am »
I wish they would just cap the servers at 70.  That's the mark where I start noticing that the feint timing is off.  You can still feint, you just have to slow down your button clicks, but it sucks. 

I'm sword and board and when I fight a good 2 handed blocker, feinting is essential to open them up...trading blows back and forth just destroys my shield putting me at a big disadvantage.

I've also noticed that sometimes my swings don't seem to connect even though I am well within range of my opponent.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 05:05:30 am »
I wish they would just cap the servers at 70.  That's the mark where I start noticing that the feint timing is off.  You can still feint, you just have to slow down your button clicks, but it sucks. 

I'm sword and board and when I fight a good 2 handed blocker, feinting is essential to open them up...trading blows back and forth just destroys my shield putting me at a big disadvantage.

I've also noticed that sometimes my swings don't seem to connect even though I am well within range of my opponent.

It's funny that you say that, because the exact same thing is even more applicable to the 2 hander.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Rain

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • An honest man is always a child
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Mantra, Tigersblood, Rain
  • IRC nick: Rain
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 06:52:01 am »
Ya the lag is quite a bit more noticeable... But you also have to understand this isn't WOW they dont have the backbone or the monetary support to keep a huge server running

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 12:07:50 pm »
It's funny that you say that, because the exact same thing is even more applicable to the 2 hander.

It is true in both cases. A very good blocker can simulate a shield in duel. And as more and more people can block nearly flawlessly, feinting, holding and other techniques become very important. Fight are already longer than what they were, so we really need to finish things fast.

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 05:25:47 pm »
I noticed it too especially on the battle servers.  Fights 1v1 or 2v1 tend to drag out because everyone's skill levels are pretty high.  This leads to cavs topping most maps just because they ninja people from behind.  It also leads to an influx of dedicated archers and xbows because theres more targets standing around for them to shoot.  The lag is just exascerbating things because its much harder to feint.  I do notice alot of server side lag on the siege server especially when the battle server is near capacity too.  Maybe we should cut the battle server to 80 people since acre and brd have their servers up.