Author Topic: A mechanic question about Langes Messer  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
A mechanic question about Langes Messer
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:45:46 pm »
Langes messer has a secondary mode 2H.
but the thrust animation is polethrust. Does this mean I need pole WPF to thrust or balancewise it only does not deserve the +80 reachbonus from 2H thrust but goes with 2H WPF?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: A mechanic question about Langes Messer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:47:35 pm »
Don't get pole WPF, 2h WPF should work for the thrust, but like you guessed it just doesn't get the same reachbonus regular 2h stabs get.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:30 pm »
That makes secondary mode pretty useless. Good reason to change from 1H to sec mode 2H would be stabreach. but without this and 34c 25p it's the worst 2H ever.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:44 pm »
+3
That makes secondary mode pretty useless. Good reason to change from 1H to sec mode 2H would be stabreach. but without this and 34c 25p it's the worst 2H ever.

The point of it's secondary mode is generally for archers/ranged/hybrids who need to worry about slots. It's 1 slot, unlike most 2Hs (except the lowest tier weapons). Thus you sacrifice some stat bonuses for a weapon that is less slots and can be used with a combination of other equipment you'd otherwise be unable to use. Also, the lack of reach may be a downfall on the stab, but the polearm thrust animation is deceptively fast, it can actually be rather advantageous in some situations.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 11:35:47 pm »
+1
The point of it's secondary mode is generally for archers/ranged/hybrids who need to worry about slots. It's 1 slot, unlike most 2Hs (except the lowest tier weapons). Thus you sacrifice some stat bonuses for a weapon that is less slots and can be used with a combination of other equipment you'd otherwise be unable to use. Also, the lack of reach may be a downfall on the stab, but the polearm thrust animation is deceptively fast, it can actually be rather advantageous in some situations.

OK you are right. It is the only 1 slot 2H sword. That makes it pretty unique. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »
OK you are right. It is the only 1 slot 2H sword. That makes it pretty unique. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Anytime!  :D

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 12:00:10 am »
+2

There's a few 1 slot 2handers, like axe, mace, pick. Sadly that is the only sword option available (and its kinda bad). I'd love a bastard sword with 1handed weapon stats that was 1 slot personally. Probably make the day of lots of throwing/ranged hybrids.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 01:48:19 am »
+1
There's a few 1 slot 2handers, like axe, mace, pick. Sadly that is the only sword option available (and its kinda bad). I'd love a bastard sword with 1handed weapon stats that was 1 slot personally. Probably make the day of lots of throwing/ranged hybrids.

Yeah that would be awesome. But yeah, the day that happens I see a huge increase in hybrids and ranged.  :(

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 03:18:35 am »
+1
I found the fighting axe to be a much better 1h/2h weapon. 1 slot, decent speed, decent damage, and bonus against shields.

As a 2h with shield skill, you can keep your shield out until you are on top of a ranged opponent; you can then switch to 2h mode to instantly put the shield on your back. If needed, you can switch back to 1h mode to instantly pull the shield out again.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 07:48:47 pm »
It's the same case as the Flamberge. Even though it uses polearm animations, it uses 2h WPF.