Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 11:34:08 pm »
+1
Don't know much about that, but I know the people in Vostok Games  are trying to make a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MMO.
It's called Survarium and I thought they were planning to release it sometime this year.
http://survarium.com/en

EDIT: Or if you prefer to immersive yourself in the Russian language. http://survarium.com/ru
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:38:11 pm by Nazgull »
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
+2
Decided it was high time for me to finally man up and go through a playthrough of this. So I got SoC and the Complete mod. So far, loving the hell out of it. The atmosphere is insane. And the Complete mod really does some insane things. I'm running it on max and my god it is absolutely gorgeous. Also really love the AI and just all these small details I'm finding. I love walking around and seeing a pack of animals kill a bandit or stalker, and start to drag their corpse off. Or how other people will loot dead people. Or how the animals react to the weather or situation. Just all these small things the AI do that make it so much more immersive, it's like an actual food chain type deal. Pretty cool. I also got a side mod for Complete that increases realism in weapon ballistics and such, really liking that so far. Enemies drop a lot faster (loading an entire magazine to kill one guy really killed my fun) and so do I. One good bullet to my head, or even a quick burst and I'm dead before I know it. Even with the ballistics/damage mod I really didn't like how long it took to kill some enemies at longer ranges but then I just realized it's because the starter weapons have absolutely atrocious accuracy.

Definitely not excited for the bloodsucker or any of the other infamous enemies. I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to FPS's but I'm hoping I can push through those parts so I can enjoy the other parts. I remember I first tried a playthrough with the complete mod when I first got this PC and I ran into some creature in a tunnel (the one that like zooms your camera onto his face and screams or whatever) and got scared shitless. Paused, saved, quit, and never really had the balls or motivation to touch it again. Hopefully this time I can push through.

EDIT: Came home today and tried to change my carry weight, looked up how to do it and proceeded to do so. Now it crashes everytime. Having to do a full re-install of the Complete Mod and may have to re-install base game as well if that doesn't work. Ugh.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:09:15 pm by TheAppleSauceMan »
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 09:39:45 pm »
Definitely not excited for the bloodsucker or any of the other infamous enemies. I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to FPS's but I'm hoping I can push through those parts so I can enjoy the other parts. I remember I first tried a playthrough with the complete mod when I first got this PC and I ran into some creature in a tunnel (the one that like zooms your camera onto his face and screams or whatever) and got scared shitless. Paused, saved, quit, and never really had the balls or motivation to touch it again. Hopefully this time I can push through.

Just let mommy put the pampers on first and you will be fine.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 09:42:37 pm »

LOL
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 12:52:56 am »

I use Depends, thank you very much.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 06:30:39 pm »
I remember playing and finishing one of the Stalker games, forgot which ones.

Funny thing was I didn't know there was a map in the game, which made it very difficult since I could only go out by day, and had to remember certain landmarks to not get lost.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 01:08:36 am »
+1
I remember playing and finishing one of the Stalker games, forgot which ones.

Funny thing was I didn't know there was a map in the game, which made it very difficult since I could only go out by day, and had to remember certain landmarks to not get lost.

That's a hardcore way of playing
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net