Author Topic: Remowe jumping with long spears/pikes  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
Re: Remowe jumping with long spears/pikes
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 07:13:59 pm »
+1
I mean, you can do 360 helicopter jumps and right/left swing spam at the same time with greatswords, so I think pike/longspear jumping attempts to make a more balanced melee system.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:26 pm »
+5
I have one hit medium/high armour melee builds with my MW Pike and I have taken 5 hits to kill an archer in cloth armor. Pike is affected an incredible amount by speed bonus, 27p (24 unloomed lolwut) really isn't much unless you get the speed bonus right. The slower the weapon, the bigger the relative differences caused by movement speed.

As for the OP, this selective applying of realism is very convenient. Of course jumpstabbing with pikes is ridiculous, but so is ghosting through an extended pike or being able block every stab by leveling your weapon horizontally in front of you. Pikes were an OP death machine in real life, their reign only ended by guns. It's not like they are that OP ingame, I would like to see all them crappy 2h heroes have a shot at playing with the 300 length pike, I will laugh as they fail miserably. If a piker jumps away from you, you simply downblock.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 11:34:01 pm »
+1
I wish pikes and all weapons had solid mass to them. A wall of pikes should be unpassable, bracing pikes for cav to run into should be intuitive, they should be proper area denial weapons. But you shouldn't be able to hit people point blank with these long weapons (including greatswords.) It would add so much to tactics, would be realistic, and be super fun. Hope to see it in the sequel.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:53 am »
Yes remove jumping and add pole vaulting. Only for pikes and long spears. Then u can disrupt the vault by kicking the pike.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:29:50 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:53 am »
Add poll
visitors can't see pics , please register or login