Author Topic: I'm split on these two archer builds... Looking for experience archer opinions.  (Read 785 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
BUILD #1
Code: [Select]
Level:           30

Strength:        24
Agility:         15

Skill to attr:    8

Power Strike:     5
Athletics:        5
Power Draw:       8
Weapon Master:    5

One Handed:      50
Archery:        141
using cRPG NewGen calc

BUILD #2
Code: [Select]
Level:           30

Strength:        18
Agility:         21

Skill to attr:    8

Power Strike:     6
Athletics:        4
Power Draw:       6
Weapon Master:    7

One Handed:      80
Archery:        152
using cRPG NewGen calc

Was wondering in particular if the 4 athletics and 21 agility would be a faster runner than the 5 athletics with 15 agility.

I don't imagine the lower 1h wpf of build #1 wouldn't bother me too much as I have been having fun with 0 wpf 1h and can still block decently well and even get a kill once in a while...

What might bother me though is the difference between Archery wpf... So I find it kind of a toss up between 2 extra power draw and some more health vs. 11+ archery wpf, 30+ 1h wpf, and increased agility...

Opinions appreciated! Especially from experienced archers since I am a nugget of a archer....  :mrgreen:

PS: I'm playing with +3 rus bow and non-loomed bodkin arrows currently.

Offline Sephikus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Marcus_Blake
  • IRC nick: - Steam Nick: Sephikus
From the guides i've read it seems that each level of Athletics is roughly equal to 4 points of agility so the 4 Ath 21 Agi build would be faster but probably not by much.

As for the one handed you probably don't need more than 50 WPF since it is a secondary weapon, if you put the extra points from 1H into archery I think the build would be much stronger, also keep in mind that every point in power draw is an effective reduction of 14 to your archery WPF.

Lastly the extra point in Power Strike seems unecessary in the second build. If you moved that over to Ath you'd have a much more effective build I think.

Overall I think both builds are good. I think it's mostly a matter of personal preference.

Another thing to keep in mind is that every point in strength increases your max HP by 1 so the 24 Str build would have 59 HP while the 18 Str build would have 53 HP. That could be the difference between dying in 1 or 2 hits, especially with the lighter armor most commonly worn by archers.
You actually might consider removing 1 Power Draw from Build 2 and put it into Iron Flesh so you'd have 57 HP and increase your accuracy slightly, that's a big decision though as some of the strongest foot archer bows require 6 PD. You would basically be trading power for accuracy and survivability.

Edit: Just noticed you said experienced archer opinions. Feel free to disregard my entire post in that case. Although the first sentence isn't opinion so it could be useful anyways.
Edit 2: May want to check out this post http://forum.meleegaming.com/beginner's-help-and-guides/need-help-to-make-a-choice-for-improve-profiencies/ It talks about the value of 1H and Archery WPF for an archer.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:46:10 pm by Sephikus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Gen 1: HA Hybrid 1H/Shield
Gen 2: Upcoming

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
18/21 all the way!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
With a rus bow I'd take the 24/15 one, with a longbow you should go the 18/21 (what I'm currently using).

The super high PD builds are more for horn bow, though, but the rus can work with both agi or str focused builds.

I'm currently using 60 1h wpf and 6 ps, and that's enough as a sidearm. Although fighting as a 0-slot 1h-no shield isn't the easiest, it's manageable if you know what you are doing. Having a loomed short arming/broad sword helps a lot.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
As they said , depends of your bow, your armor , your style of fighting , do you prefer power or speed ? More PS , ATHL , PD.

What I have to say is you have to try with a skip the fun all those builds with different bows ...

Oh , and by the way , I recommand the 18/21 ^^ It's made for new archers players , because it's accurate and fast !  :wink:

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Great, thanks for the advice all!  :mrgreen:

Think I will be testing these out with STF char.

Offline pc49_cheese

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Swagathor
mine is kinda ridiculous, but it works. 21/21, 50 one handed, 159 archery, 7 weapon master, 7 power draw, 2 power strike, 1 athletics
Guess what.
(click to show/hide)

Offline juv95hrn

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Can a high ath archer run away from people these days or do equip weigh too much?

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
Can a high ath archer run away from people these days or do equip weigh too much?
if you have 27 agility, yes