Author Topic: What makes playing HX fun?  (Read 2028 times)

Offline FeddyDK

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • TRY NOT! DO or DO NOT, There is no try !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Finnbogi
Re: What makes playing HX fun?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 12:47:51 am »
1. Being US Cavalry. There's no rifle in the game so I'll have to stick with the light xbow. After they made light xbow 2 slots I can't use my old sabre which was important to the look though :(
2. Take down the horses of light cavalry and harass infantry.
3. Going up against ranged players head on. Means a one-shot if I miss and my enemy hits. Quite the rush
4. Maneuverability and speed
5. Bow doesn't resemble a rifle in any way, and would remove the point for me to play horse ranged. It's also fun and, contrary to popular belief, a really tough class to master.

Once you face Walker, all other HX will make you laugh i tell ya !

The way i see it why to play HX over HA is all about precision + damage, HA can be just as effective if not more in some situations where others the HX shine above all else.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Re: What makes playing HX fun?
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 01:37:29 am »
I don't get the hate for horse archers and horse crossbowmen in general. They are funny to watch zip around the battlefield and bump unaware melee players into the ground. Whenever they get dismounted, they either try to run, which is funny because they are like fat kids running with their 0 ath or they try to fight which is equally funny because they do no damage with their fists or 0 slot swords. Of course this is from the perspective of someone who has been getting 1-2 shot by anything and everything since 2011.

Moral of the story: If you get used to wearing light armor and getting killed by everything, horse archers won't really bother you
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."