Author Topic: Night time for an NA-er  (Read 483 times)

Havelle Registered Voter

Night time for an NA-er
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:32:37 pm »
+2
I want to set my night time to only allow battles 6 pm-11 pm eastern time.

The GMT on the setting tab doesn't indicate whether it is -3 or +3 GMT. Also, I have no idea how time zones work, really.

Help. <3333

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Night time for an NA-er
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »
+1
Google is your friend.  Also if you go to the c-rpg.net website, you can set your time settings there.

Mine is set to GMT -6on strategus.net info tab (even though on c-rpg.net site I'm set to -5 GMT).  Just google to translate your time correctly
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »
+1
I want to set my night time to only allow battles 6 pm-11 pm eastern time.

The GMT on the setting tab doesn't indicate whether it is -3 or +3 GMT. Also, I have no idea how time zones work, really.

Help. <3333

Also all you cna do is stop battles from happening from 11 pm to 7 am, you cant stop battles from happening from 7 am to 6 pm.  And it doesnt stop the battles just pushes the battles to 7 am instead (if that works for you).  GMT-6 is east coast na time.  So if yours doesnt say - its + so with no symbol youa re currently set for GMT+3.  To set your time add 9 hours.  So 11 pm start of nighttime you should set if for 8 then make sure you have +8 hours.  The system is buggy and you may still end up 1 hour off +/- because their program is kind of shitty.

P.S. 2-10 am is a better setting - at least you can get west coasters to defend your army even if you cant make it, if you do 11 pm all you will do is make battles at 7 am and its really tough to get full roster even using a mostly eu merc force, at least at 10 am and after you can get a full roster though still mostly eu mercs.  Its a practical reality of strategus that dictates most nighttime settings not when you specifically can fight since it doesnt block off 16 hours - only 8 hours and you have to adapt to that.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:35:52 pm »
+2
Yeah I set my night time for 3am (east coast time) that way I can still pull mercs from NA if it's almost a 3am battle, and can likely get EU mercs for a battle around 11am
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »
+2
Pretty sure you can't change your night time. I've tried and it never actually changes and I've heard others have the same problem. I'm also pretty sure that whatever you think your nighttime is... it probably isn't what it actually is, it's probably off by an hour or two. Nighttime is swell  :rolleyes: