Author Topic: Low XP bonus at gen 2 ?  (Read 682 times)

Offline Slayer_CZ

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Slayer
Low XP bonus at gen 2 ?
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:15:53 am »
Hi !

I've been waiting for weeks/months to get to generation 2. and now when I'm there I notice that the XP bonus is only 3% instead of 10%. Is it the new patch's feature, or is it a bug? :(

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: Low XP bonus at gen 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:07:12 am »
Every gen you now get 3% bonus instead of 10%. Its no bug
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:30:46 am »
3 nebo 10 procent navic neni ve vysledku skoro zadnej rozdil.

maybe there could be a feature that at lower generations you get higher bonus (like 15 percents) and at higher generations the bonus is reduced (to like 1 percent). this way it would be better balanced towards casual players while grinders wouldn't be deprived of their bonuses as overall they'd get to the same xp gain as if all gens would have the same 3% bonus.

i think i will bring this into suggestions section
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Slayer_CZ

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Slayer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:23:29 pm »
Every gen you now get 3% bonus instead of 10%. Its no bug

And when was it changed? Since 0.220 ?

3 nebo 10 procent navic neni ve vysledku skoro zadnej rozdil.

Prave ze do zacatku bych rekl, ze docela i je. Hlavne kde je smysl honit se za gen 3,4... kdyz uz nedostanes bonus 20 pct, 30, ale jen 6,9...  Zase zvyhodnili hrace, co levelovali driv, ty novy uz se na jejich uroven jen tak nedostanou :(

I agree with Beauchamp. I was looking forward to 10pct bonus, it took me few months to get to lvl 31 and now its like this :( 3% is not worth to get gen+ imho and it is something, that will make the game even harder for the new players as I suppose that the old players who have retired before this patch will still get the same high bonus.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 02:06:13 pm »
High gen characters are caped at 1450xp per tick at x1.

You don't really need to be high gen to be effective (and it's useless for Strategus), heirlooms don't give a major advantage (it's nice but that doesn't make you unbeatable or OP).

Retire has been implemented to allow player to respect and to change a failled build. So you can tweak and modify your build to fit better to your style. Also, heavy grinders can enjoy grinding and have little advantage for it.

If you take few month to reach 31, that's you are not a grinder (i guess) and as Strategus should be up and few month, you should go for only one next build.