Author Topic: 1 slot War Horns  (Read 676 times)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
1 slot War Horns
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:23:13 am »
+21
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In strat battles and siege/battle, you often find yourself hard-pressed to coordinate attacks or warn your allies effectively with the current chat and voice chat system. Many people, myself included, often pay little attention to chat while engaged in battle, and not everyone uses teamspeak. My solution would be to add a relatively loud War Horn(and I mean heard clearly from across the map) with a 10-15 second cool down.

What uses could this have?

Defense:

-Alerting of an enemy ambush while defending a fixed location such as the virgin in DTV gamemode, flags in strat battles, or flanks and breaches in the various defending locations of siege.

-A separate group assigned to a specific task such as defending a catapult or healing tent being overwhelmed and telling allies that reinforcements are needed

-A boost in morale and a signal to either fall back or push forward

Attacking:

-As a signal to charge, much more powerful than the current weak "chawwwge!" we have in voice commands

-A false warning, diverting your enemies forces only to find a lone horn blower while their main formation is broken

-Ambushing a specific target like flags or even a single player or faction you deem threats when you and your allies are waiting in separate locations.

Cons:

-Nothing!

Add this now and usher in a new age of blowing in this game!
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: 1 slot War Horns
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:49:26 am »
Con: I am not leeching, I have a bloody horn, I am being useful.
Sounds interesting at a first read, but I think the trolling potential vs usefulness of this would be too high (with trolling winning) than its actual benefits.

The voice commands, and especially the Pay attention (main reason why my main is female) are your friends here.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:51:51 pm »
Additional pros:

-"Make way to the king!"
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »
I like(d) the War Horn in Vikingr. Only the Leader Class got the War Horn and could equip it. In Vikingr the classes were restricted to a certain amount of numbers, depending on the amount of players on the server. With 20 players only 1 leader class could be picked in a team. With more players, a second was probably possible.
That way, Vikingr restricted classes with better gear (Huscarl), the leader class and Archers as well.
However thats ofc not possible in crpg, but I guess about 2 War Horns per team should be far enough. They should also have some cooldown so they could only be used twice a round (a round that takes about 5-6 minutes).
1 slot is good enough and during the cooldown the guy does ofc fight, as he is still forced to have a weapon and his usual equipment.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:11:28 am »
NW instruments

also add out-houses and pianos from NW
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 03:35:17 am »
(click to show/hide)

Can't wait.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 01:43:15 am »
I like(d) the War Horn in Vikingr. Only the Leader Class got the War Horn and could equip it. In Vikingr the classes were restricted to a certain amount of numbers, depending on the amount of players on the server. With 20 players only 1 leader class could be picked in a team. With more players, a second was probably possible.
That way, Vikingr restricted classes with better gear (Huscarl), the leader class and Archers as well.
However thats ofc not possible in crpg, but I guess about 2 War Horns per team should be far enough. They should also have some cooldown so they could only be used twice a round (a round that takes about 5-6 minutes).
1 slot is good enough and during the cooldown the guy does ofc fight, as he is still forced to have a weapon and his usual equipment.

It could certainly work in strat battles, as I recall there is a commander/s assigned for the faction. Perhaps they could make war horns in battle/siege only have 1 or 2 "ammo" while in strat it's unlimited with a cooldown?
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 05:21:19 am »
I wish we would add drums that would increase all stats / abilities by 1.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:48:59 am »
As long as i can block it in the options, or with a command.

I play 100% with voice deactivated