Author Topic: Enforce Gold-Only Transactions  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Enforce Gold-Only Transactions
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 08:24:01 am »
it's the same message that he and Kafein and a dozen other posters embarrass themselves by repeating: "System is fair, say profiteers of system."

I told u in my first post, marketplace is not fair, just like c-rpg isn't fair. Rich ppl have an advantage over poor ones, smart guys like me have advantage over dumbasses like you :lol: But it doesn't mean your suggestion is something other than bullshit  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 08:59:48 am »
+1
I would just like to reiterate that the Large Booths are the worst part of the market.  It prevents us from having a truly free market economy, and 6 (or is it 5) players are allowed to control the entire loom point economy.  So if your main concern is people who are already rich getting richer, this mechanic is the worst offender.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 07:02:54 pm »
I would just like to reiterate that the Large Booths are the worst part of the market.  It prevents us from having a truly free market economy, and 6 (or is it 5) players are allowed to control the entire loom point economy.  So if your main concern is people who are already rich getting richer, this mechanic is the worst offender.

That's true. However, the bidding is between the richest/most active traders on the marketplace.
It's just like in real life. The richer you are, the easier it becomes to make good profit.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 07:07:41 pm »
+2
If you got time, it's quite easy to become rich. Of course you must use the time first to farm gold or retire and sell your LPs for good prices. Never loom anything yourself, sell LPs or use them to buy +3 items for 2 LPs (and maybe a little gold). Patience is very important.
Only those who stick with this, can use the market properly and make some profit.

I'm myself quite impatient but still made some good deals (and many bad deals because I wanted those items!!), and got some good profit until now.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 11:22:00 am »
+2
I wonder where I got that impression?
Oh that's right you gave me the impression when you insulted me!

So you see, there are three different things, one called the past, one called the present and the last one called the future. You started going apeshit in the past, which lead me to insult you after that. Now you are arguing that your motivation was something that actually happened in the then-future. That is much interesting, as causality is most often considered not to go back in time. Even more interesting, this is a prerequisite cycle, as I wouldn't have insulted you if you didn't fall back to ad hominem in the first place.

Asking Kafein's opinion about the c-rpg marketplace is like asking Larry Page's opinion about "Bing!" or inviting whoever made War of the Roses to critique C-RPG. In America it is entirely civil to point out another's bias in a matter. Senators do not write laws which would profit themselves. Judges do not decide cases which impact their assets.  I am sorry if this is not the case in your culture but I will not apologize if the sensibilities of freedom offend you. So when Kafein says he can transcend bias, I question whether he is really a supremely altruistic and intelligent person descending from his pedestal of reason; or if he is reacting to a suggestion which would significantly and materially impact him.

Except you are mixing opinions and arguments. The list of actual trades being made isn't an opinion, it is a fact. You are failing to get pretty basic rethoric stuff right (and no it doesn't depend on freedom, which as we all know only exists in America).

To describe the situation, let me give you an imaginary example : suppose you debate with Pepsi PR personel which soft is the best between Pepsi and Coca Cola. They are biased as hell. Yet if they prove you that each Coca Cola bottle contains harmful quantities of radioactive strontium, if you say their argument is null because they are biaised, you are stupid. As a matter of fact, when discussing actual arguments bias doesn't matter, unlike with pseudo-arguments and opinions.

Basically what you are doing is taking every criticism as opinion. What about you then ? It is your suggestion, of course you want it to be right ! Your opinions are biaised too !

Also just so you know, I have to pay more than 100k gold (and regularly more than 200k) for this booth every two weeks to keep it. Much unlike the "undeserved and unfair advantage" you make it out to be. I even ended up in loss twice because the booth price was very high at those moments. In fact, I would love being able to trade properly without this booth and only having to pay a 1% tax.

I'm not criticizing your suggestion for personal reasons, I'm showing you it is bad.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:28:12 am by Kafein »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 12:08:40 pm »
+1
Marketplace is just a joke anyway these days. Full of bullshit offers from booth owners. Kill it

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2013, 11:55:21 am »
Its a great idea, i always make bad trades xD

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2013, 12:07:57 pm »
+1
i only read page 1... but it sounds like a great way to make the market more accessible for everyone. the only thing i would add is that if you want to give a loom to someone it should be as easy as offering 1 gold for a triple loomed item. im fine with gold only listings but you should be able to offer gold for an item instead of just an item for gold, that way not only can you transfer items easily if needed but you can also make a lower bid for an item if you feel people are overcharging.

p.s. anyone doubting that it would be easier to keep track of item values... there is already a "transaction history" for items but it only lists when the item was sold for gold only. with this system every single transaction for an item would show up there and you could easily check exactly how much the item usually goes for and how frequently they sell.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »
+1
Why the hell you dont just leave unfair trades and search for a fair trade to do?
If I want an item badly and want to pay 100k on top of mine to trade, why not?
I mean after all you're not forced to buy anything.
And 55k is really not that much, 2 days of casual playin in cheap gear and you have it, wheres the problem?
To me this sounds like no improvement but just a way to prevent the failers from failing.
And after all the failers will still fail, be sure.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2013, 08:42:19 am »
Zaren(blacktiger28) has a gigantic peni.......heart