Author Topic: [Applications] Community Proxy  (Read 1731 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
[Applications] Community Proxy
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »
+29
Only post if you apply, + to show support

We are looking for people that have what it takes to represent the community needs to the devs and to the admins

This means:

- 1 or 2 people
- no insight to the dev team or admin team communication
- controller of the dev team and the admin team
- keep track of current bugs
- suggest new maps, report map bugs
- can demand bugfixes from coders,
- will discuss priority of new features demanded by the community with the devs
- can validate ban reason by the admin's superior
- can propose item models to the item manager
- needs to be very thick-skinned (expect resistance from coders and admins :))
- frustrating but important

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:44:43 pm by chadz »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: [Applications] Community Proxy
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:34:38 pm »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 04:43:50 pm »
+1
I'll just leave this here, kthx.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 04:51:32 pm »
+44
I'll apply to this one too :D

My CV again :D
- Played cRPG for over 2 years (can't remember when i started)
- Including alts I've played many gens as a shielder
- Many gens as Xbow
- 3 gens as archer
- 3 gens as polearm (1 as cav)
- 1 gen as 2H
- Actively helped with Strat.
- Been a Beta Tester for a while now.
- Made numerous suggestions on forums which i try and structure rather than just writing walls of text.
- Good historical knowledge having grown up with a military/social historian for a mother.
- Good with numbers having done a physics degree.
- I'm systematic, analytical and logical (again from the Physics but also from my current Logistics MSc)
- Willing to argue with devs/admins if needed ;)

EDIT (forgot 1)
- Organising the Clan League

Note: If its a choice between community proxy and item balance i prefer item balance.  No one has said they are mutually exclusive yet though
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:19:52 pm by Tomas »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 04:53:34 pm »
+9
Going to apply for this one as well :P

I've had some experience doing this before however it was more of a community representative where any issues the community had we would go through it and have a look and then bring any valid points to the devs - had to do it as an old admin from another mod

I've handled bans before and i tend to check eu official from time to time just to read up on why people were banned and the excuses they come up with which are by far some of the most imaginiative reasons i've read in any unban section before.

Suggesting new models to the model team, well we've had  some fantastic ideas from others in the community mainly Fallen and Byzantium and i would be sure to suggest as ideas as ssome of them look exceptionally well done and would fit well with our current armours.

Thick skinned? Haha as an admin no matter which mod you are you have to put up with abuse and other crap from members of the community, and at times other admins. This is also a major trait of mine IRL as my boss likes to delegate to others and constantly gives his workers crap.

The maps is one of the main features for me however, i make maps/used to make maps for warband and have hosted several events with maps i have made which have gone down a storm and some of them were put into the official release of the mod, there are some rather large glitches on certain maps and parts that need to be edited and removed and i would help in any way i can with that, furthermore we need new map rotation on the majority of the servers and a better variation other than village-plain-city-village etc. I've been a part of the cRPG community for two years, had a whole range of experience with different classes, and so i know which maps affect which class differently and which tend to favour one class against the others.

I'm a very patient man and dont get frustrated easily, i keep my cool and tend to think before i act, im a logical and rationally thoughtful being.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 06:36:34 pm »
+6
I could do this, but I probably am too close to the devs. I am way too active on this forum anyway, and that could be put to good use.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:40:41 pm »
+14
Should have 1 NA and 1 EU to represent both communities.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:51:16 pm »
+2
OP is a bundle of sticks

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:09:59 pm »
+9
Before I apply, I'm assuming this position is voluntary and for crpg.

I'll apply for this position as an NA player. Both sides of the world have differing views on how things are handled and done, and you should pick someone from each area to be  a community helper. In my life, I work in the service industry and deal with, on an average day, over 300 people. I'm already pretty friendly and am always willing to help and am pretty often on the forums. I've been playing this mod for 2 years(server restarts every half hour!), and most people at least know me. I'm quite willing to offer suggestions and discussions to get brain juices flowing, and willing to work with anyone to make sure crpg is the best that the community can make it.

And as to the part of being thick skinned, I'm quite used to being harassed by people constantly already so I do not believe that to much more could bother me.

I will make this statement now, I'm 24 and in Graduate School while working, meaning that I do have chunks of my week that I'm not here, but I'm always around when I'm not at either location. I'm available at most times for NA players and am willing to represent NA players in this community, regardless of how little or how great, they like me. I have no coding or computer based experience, so, as long as I'm not expected to have to program, code, or do anything complicated like those, I can handle myself reasonably well.

And a Kicker for those who didn't actually know, I used to be an Admin on the Community servers when run by Ecko, and was one for 2-3 months, before official came out and Ecko's server stopped being hosted. I do know my way around the rules, and I do know a decent few admins and converse with them every now and then.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 08:34:11 pm »
+3
I'd do this. Sounds like not much skill is needed, except for some Persuasion. :)

Playing cRPG/Warband since it's beginning, with many breaks. New main char since december 2011, and was with HRE and Nordmen since then. I'm pretty active, online for hours on a daily basis.
I usually don't use IRC, but I'm far from being opposed to using it for having contact with developers and admins. :)

greetings

ps: I guess this should be a job for 2 people anyway, probably best 1 from NA and 1 from EU.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 12:53:51 pm »
+32
Oh I’d totally do this.

• Being a second year history student i have plenty of free time, most of which is spent trawling through the forums to help pass the monotony of writing essays.
  • I've been an active member of the community for well over two years, I love what’s been done with the mod and how far the development has come.
  • I'm more than happy to listen those who might disagree with me but also speak my mind against them, and I’ll willingly speak up for those who otherwise would go unheard.
  • I'd much rather see the silent majority represented in this position than the select vocal lobbyists who spend their time knee jerking at every little change. 
  • I think respect for the community and communication between the devs and the public is a key part in the success of any project, something which in the past has been woefully neglected.

The dev team has done some great stuff in the last few years and i would love to give something back to them and the community for all the good times I've had.

+1 for Casiqueer.
Turtles

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 01:03:09 pm »
+5
I would be a good battle map rotation consultant for NA1.  Despite my trollish ingame persona I am considerably skilled at understanding map balance.

Maps I made:
-Tropical
-Glacier Valley
-Pitfalls
-Chasm

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 11:52:04 am »
I support this idea completely and would apply myself but I cannot honestly say that I have been around long enough to warrant it. I feel I could do it, but there are people that have been here much longer that could probably do it better.

Also bump.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"