Author Topic: FPS Problem at the start of a new round (using WSE2)  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: FPS Problem at the start of a new round (using WSE2)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 05:00:09 am »
Why? It shouldn't cause freezes anymore, so why waste huge amounts of memory for textures that are never gonna be used?

It seems to me that I've irritated you, but my question back would be why alter settings that a user has set? In my case, I've got huge amounts of memory and more to spare, so why run even the small risk that it might need to load on demand?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 05:15:57 am »
You haven't irritated me, I'm just curious as to why you would disable it (assuming that the freezes are gone obviously). What do you mean by "risk that it might need to load on demand"?
By the way, I didn't "turn the setting on". I made changes to the auto-detection criteria, which triggers a reload of the setting based on the new criteria.

Offline _RXN_

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chadzina
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 11:00:10 am »
I'm playing with the "Textures on demand" option enabled and I had the same issue (fps drop and freezes) for years, for now it seems that the problem is gone. Thank for the patch.