Author Topic: Unban request: Chimy727/poopingtons_trucker_Noober  (Read 363 times)

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
Unban request: Chimy727/poopingtons_trucker_Noober
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:49:58 am »
So I got banned in na 1 for not changing my name right away from poopingtons trucker bundle of sticks, without warning I was about to change it and now I did but im stilled banned!  Please help im going into a strategus battle soon

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Unban request: Chimy727/poopingtons_trucker_Noober
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:01:08 am »
First, you've got 3 more alts with "bundle of sticks" in them to be changed. Second, next time you are asked to change your name for bigotry, don't go on a bigoted rant in chat.

The ban length will be reduced, but only after the names are changed and you can prove that you understand why you were banned instead of being allowed to hop out and simply change your name as was politely requested. The ban was completely due to your reaction and not the name change requested.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:02:56 am »
I have gotten rid of the foul names.  what about my reaction?  It was jokingly and not against the rules.  Also how much is my ban reduced by?

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 08:21:18 am »
    No offensive character names. If in doubt about a name, pick another one.
No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...)

It is not an uncommon practice to ban a player until an offensive name change is completed. I gave you the opportunity to change it without a ban or even a  kick, but your outburst made it clear that you didn't understand that this is something the community takes seriously. Bigotry isn't a joking matter. If you had simply changed it or stated that you would change it without raging in chat, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. Once the name changes are approved, I'll review your account for the ban lift. In the morning.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:23:50 am »
I've heard it many times in the chat and I figured it wasn't considered offensive for this community.  No admin has deemed it that way before.  I wasnt raging, it was a joke and everyone played along.  Sigh.  oh well, I spose that's the best ive got.  I wont do it anymore.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 06:31:48 pm »
I can understand how you may have gotten that impression. We do consider the context behind such statements (which your outburst provided), and so we do not simply have a "word list" of things that you cannot say. Just bear in mind that certain ones will be considered inappropriate the majority of the time. Your ban has been lifted.