Author Topic: high wpf vs low  (Read 549 times)

Offline theprojectnemesis

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
high wpf vs low
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:07:50 am »
Ive always believed that high WPF helped the use of slower weapon like the flamberge but i'm starting to think the only advantage of an agi based build like 18/24 is only for the movement speed, therefore, with good footwork, an str based build can do a better job. Maybe I'm wrong, but i'm about to retire, and as an occasional flamberge user, i'm wondering which of a 30/9 or 18/21 build suits the flamberge and other 2h best

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: high wpf vs low
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 01:13:54 am »
+2
It definitely has a larger effect on slower weapons, but that effect is still small. Where WPF really counts is towards maximizing minimum, average, and maximum damage per hit.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Count_Adhamar

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Srbijan_WorLerd_Caesar
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 02:10:16 am »
If you're going to use the Flamberge go 18/21. If you use any less agi you'll find it a bit slow and in turn find it hard to swing back at agi whores etc without getting spammed. With 30/9 you’ll definitely get spammed easily. I wouldn't recommend going any lower than 18 agi. But 18/21 is superior. You still do nice damage and as Malaclypse said, WPF also increases damage from the speed bonus you get. Also with footwork, the higher agi will generally have the better footwork (if it’s an experienced player). I've always found 6 ath to be the sweet spot. Decent speed and maneuverability, I find it quite a step up from 5 ath. 

Lvl 30 18/21 build with Flamberge
(click to show/hide)

Lvl 31 18/21 build with Flamberge
(click to show/hide)

I’ve used these builds in the past and they shred. I am actually going back to the Flamberge after I get rid of my Masterworked Heavy Throwing Axes (damn you chadz) and will use the 18/21 build again. It pwns and it’s fun. If you’re going to use any other 2h I recommend 21/18 since you have 7ps and 6 ath. A nice balance and it’s also superior to 24/15 and all the others in my opinion. 

Lvl 30 21/18 2h build
(click to show/hide)

lvl 31 21/18 2h build
(click to show/hide)

If you're going to switch between the Flamberge and other 2h weapons, go with the build that is suited to which weapon you use the most. 18/21 if you're going to use the Flamberge the most or 21/18 if you're going to use it less than any other 2hers you're thinking of. Though in my opinion the Flamberge is the most fun 2her and shreds all others at 18/21. Decent speed, great length and one hard hitting son of a bitch. It looks great and performs even better when Masterworked. What a gem.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:23:31 am »
This isn't true for everyone, but I really like 18/24 or higher agility builds as 2h or 4 directional polearm user. People will be shocked by the speed that you can swing such an unwieldy weapon. Swing speed matters more in 1v1 than anything else, though. In a line or blob fight, you can hold your swing a long time before picking your target. In 1v1 duels, faster swing speed makes it much harder for your enemy to block or chamber your swings. Combined with high athletics, you can do things like jump and swing into your enemy's head from behind.

I rarely use ironflesh though. That is a very sound and practical investment of points as well.

If you are going for a single weapon type (pure 1H, 2h or polearm) then you don't really need to get WPM. It helps, but if you don't need to spread your WPF you can get away with 100-130 in your only weapon type.

Polearm cavalry, hoplites, pike/long spear users don't need the extra attack speed. They can compensate for their slow attack with positioning and teamwork.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far