Author Topic: NA Siege Being Ruined by buggy Conquest Maps  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NA Siege Being Ruined by buggy Conquest Maps
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 11:14:27 pm »
+1
Daily NA drama

(click to show/hide)
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 04:41:14 am »
(click to show/hide)

inb4 mute

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 02:48:13 pm »
Daily NA drama
We have conquest, too. We have bugs, too.

yeah, but you got more players so i don't think it has the same effect.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:44 pm »
Siege being broken has actually made me leave CRPG, i check back every couple days to see if siege ( my bread and butter \ my goto mode ) is fixed...

i get that it was easier to test conquest on siege then it would be to build an entirely new server, or to use the Rageball server ( which people RARELY use )

a pattern i am seeing in gaming, be it WOTR CRPG Diablo 3 etc

i am getting goddamn sick of Devs taking the EASY route INSTEAD of the proper route

You are Devs for a reason, u took it upon urselves to do all the hard to work to create a product everyone will enjoy

But when Devs take the easy route....EVERYONE SUFFERS..

we are players, we are not committed to stick around.....and to rebuild conquest on on siege WHICH EVERYONE PLAYED   instead of Rageball WHICH NOONE PLAYS

well its little mistakes like this that make gamers leave the game until the proper action is taken\ problems solved......the bugs and stuff are for Devs to deal with not us gamers, especially on a product over 2 years old
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 08:00:41 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »
When I first saw there was going to be a Siege that used Battlefield's system of spawning and had multiple cap points, I got pretty excited.  I thought "Wow, this is a good way to make siege a more dynamic, multi-layered gamemode that doesn't devolve into TDM with flags."  I don't deny that happened, it was a problem in a mode where holding a castle was the main goal -- sometimes you'd have great examples of holding and attacking strategies, but that was about as common as getting an entire team to camp a hill on Random Steppe (medium) during peak hours on NA_1.

Those chances are not good, if you've never been there then.

Then I started getting a little concerned.  WSE 2 seems to really test the borders of the envelope when it comes to Warband, deforms the edges of said envelope, but never really pushes it in any major manner.  If I am recalling correctly, these same devs who we mention in these threads are also working on another engine, from scratch, to bring to better implementation their vision of what cRPG should be, and are even renaming it (to Meleegaming...oh, the irons-ies.)

The thing is, I wouldn't wonder whether or not devs or the NA admins care or don't care about Siege -- they probably do -- or if the Siege Beta issues are only on NA_2 -- I rarely, if ever, go on EU_2, so I wouldn't know myself if these bugs happen there; the devs or admins or whoever probably do care about Siege, but may be having a difficult time finding workarounds and fixes, especially with another major project on their plate.  There's only a little I know about game development, but I do know that, from following multiple projects during their development, you can have seemingly simple issues that require major changes at a level which end up taking a long time to work out. 

Simply put: I don't think this is a conspiracy against NA or Siege.  I don't agree with every change the devs have made, but I never ended up on the dev team (and for good reason), and these changes don't make me run away from the game completely; still, just consider that perhaps the devs are working on these issues, and are simply taking awhile because these issues and other efforts may demand that much more time passes before those issues are fixed.

(click to show/hide)

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 11:44:46 pm »
could almost believe you brrrak but for like at least a year it's been a steady decline where no matter what we post, what kind of polls we start, no difference is made, no communication on the issues we raise, and in fact the problems we present either remain the same or worsen

not just with the status of servers but also with game balance

And if the devs so strongly disagree with the NA players about game balance, then what kind of hope are we supposed to have that their own game is going to be an improvement over what CRPG was a year or two ago? if they keep doing things like nerfing turn speeds and the rest, then whatever game they make is going to be more like war of the roses / chivalry bullshit than like the crpg we got hooked on
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:51:03 pm by dontgothere »