Author Topic: I played the new patch tonight....  (Read 1013 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
I played the new patch tonight....
« on: May 01, 2011, 08:52:41 am »
I fixed my crash to desktop on the loading settings thingy by switching to directx7 mode(not sure why, but some texture files weren't appearing for dx 9?)

And I really enjoyed it, yea so what all my heirlooms got "nerfed", love all the new armor/website/balance

It was good to see some people playing I hadn't seen in a bit, worth the kinks

I for one am happy that a donation driven mod is given more attention than most "big company" games I've played it terms of staying with the twitch game balancing

(of course my bar mace got a much needed hefty nerf, my katana got a slight one and danish GS got a pretty good one)

BUT THAT IS WHAT BALANCE IS ABOUT, I mean we accept that when we play a beta that we truly want to be based on "skill"<---(if that's what you need to call it), so with that said even after over a week off and "weaker" weapons the results were the same(i.e. lots of carnage and fun :) )

I love the new menus on the website, good that the space marine voice is gone, I don't think anythings fucked now or something because its not.....

this is GOOD that the developers actually want to balance this shit

Everyone should take a deep breath on this seriously, if you can fight per the rules of mount and blade you can kill people I guarantee it

and carrying an Arbalest running around pulling a pike/bar mace out of yer ass didn't improve the game(and I am the like the king of that style of play)
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: I played the new patch tonight....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 08:55:19 am »
Yeah, but they stole my heirloomed mancleavers which I grinded my ass off to finally get.  :(

Really that's my biggest bitch and only thing I really really want fixed.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:57:27 am »
Love the patch. I waited for it, knowing my build would get hurt, but it makes everyone else on the same level now.

Couldn't ask for a better web page either, its so pretty  :D
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:35:38 am »
I lost my MW Long Espada, but that's a known issue for a few items and is being worked on, so no worries there. I dig the changes, but would like: the ability to be female with funky colored hair again (not that the asian skin isn't a nice addition, I approve), and the ability to make crude gestures with my practice longsword again :3
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 12:26:41 pm »
Kronic, I would suggest running Native first, and then clicking join on a crpg server. This will force Warband to load the cRPG module, and should also get rid of the crashing without having to play with worse graphics.'

I had a similar problem with the last patch, and Leiknir had a similar problem with this patch and this "fix" works for him too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 12:53:24 pm »
I fixed my game, then played post-patch for the first time; I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, so what all my heirlooms got "nerfed", I still love all the new armor/website/balance.
Carrying an Arbalest running around pulling a pike/bar mace out of yer ass didn't improve the game (and I am the like the king of that style of play)

It was good to see some people playing whom I hadn't seen in a bit; totally worth dealing with the kinks.

Totally agree.

The slot system, and shielder / shitthrower / lolstab / crushthrough / heirloom / gen nerf... all A++ in my book too.  :D

Now if we can get something done about the horrible new trollololol voice and report system (10 SECONDS?!? Hate you chadz!!! It needs to be 2-10 minutes!),
and placement of constructions near/on flags....

Pictures/text/stats polished up on the website [for new stuff] would be great too.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:00:06 pm by chaosegg »
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »
Kronic, I would suggest running Native first, and then clicking join on a crpg server. This will force Warband to load the cRPG module, and should also get rid of the crashing without having to play with worse graphics.'

I had a similar problem with the last patch, and Leiknir had a similar problem with this patch and this "fix" works for him too.

mmm will try this
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!