Author Topic: Ban/mute Request- Womprat (NA SIEGE)  (Read 777 times)

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
Ban/mute Request- Womprat (NA SIEGE)
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:54:15 am »
So basically, everyone get to talking about politics and religion in a detrimental fashion and i meantion that its rude to say things like that when there are people that are religious, myself included, and that religion is a touchy subject. i asked the offending people to please stop talking about it, and then as they continued i finally said that if they said anything more, i would report it.

so i did. 

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/log1t.png

http://img585.imageshack.us/i/log2g.png

"so incase u didnt hear me, a big o'l fuck to you duke edward, go suck ur god's dick" - Womprat

this person should either be banned from playing siege, or muted for a very long time.

thank you for considering this ban/mute request
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:02:16 am by Soldier_of_God »

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
Re: Ban/mute Request- Womprat (NA SIEGE)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:30:36 am »
na siege is apart of NA (ats) sorry for the confusion this will be moved.

Offline Smoketh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:39:07 am »
Ya I said that and I'll say it again, fuck you and go suck on your god's dick. People were speaking their mind and you threatened they would be banned for being offensive to your religion, that's when I told you to go suck a dick. Now have at it.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:54:05 am »
We have 2 options ..

The first , you both act like mature men and ignore each other (there's a nice option if you press "ESC" in game called mute)

The second, you both play kids and argue and troll each other on the server AND on our civilized forum and might result in both of you being punished.

King Edward, I know you, and I know you try to be "convincing" about religions but you're dealing with gamers... it's a lost cause right at the start imo, but that's my opinion. I'm pretty sure you have better things to do than waste your time with this guy who disagree with you. Let's agree that both of you disagree on that matter, mute each other and keep playing.. the end.

Smoketh, if you ever have played GTA2 , the first thing you learn and that they tell you .. Respect is everything. You can disagree with someone, but insulting him or his religion for a missunderstanding, that's far from being respectful. If he said something you don't agree with, you have 2 choices. Debate in a civil manner while (Meaning stay respectful) or mute the guy and keep playing.

Unless someone higher than me decide that actions should be taken, I strongly recommend(advised, order, suggest .. pick the word you feel comfortable with..) that you ignore each other and to knock it off. I dont wanna hear about that again. If you can't discuss about a topic while staying respectful (specially politics/religions), then don't discuss such thing. Let's not play the game "The most mature guy will stop first", shall we ?

Thank you for your understanding.

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »
I am Religious in private with people, of course. its so much a part of my life that it comes out. but this was no religious debate or a sermon, this was me simply wishing that the dozen or so people talking would stop their offensive subject matter, not just for me, but for anyone else that is religious of the 90 or so people on the team.

I politely asked them to stop, and they did, with the exception of one really rude, inconsiderate person.

you can bet that i will mute him, but this person here is one that has no regard for other people. even later when i played, he was text trolling other people as well; i would watch this person and see for yourself. i didn't come to siege to listen to half the team spitting at God, and to ask them politely to stop and to succeed in explaining its offensive, for one person to have the gumption to go tell me to suck my God's Dick after everyone else had changed the subject.

i guess the only way to explain why this is offensive is, suppose that you replaced the topic of God, and replaced with your girlfriend, or your mother, or someone you REALLY love, and then be asked to mute half the team as they agressively and unceasingly talk about that person. i've never encountered this problem before, but i could not stand by and just let them talk about it unceasingly; so i politely asked them to stop, and they did... save one.

and womprat, i agree to disagree for sure; i just wish you would be more considerate not just with me, but with other players. i really have no problem with you except when you troll people; who knows, maybe you were just having a bad day. i hope to be able to play with you, and everyone else, without ever saying a word about politics or religion; my goal is to simply enjoy the game...

and anyone who has ever played with me knows that i have NEVER engage in long drawn out religious discussion; i have made a comment from my viewpoint in a take it or leave it like way, like i did last night when someone said "why does god throw people into hell before they can hear him" to which i told him "he doesn't do that at all" or something to that effect, and when a rebuttal was formed, i did not defend it, because again, i just wanted to play the game.

this is the truth, do what you will. thank you for replying quickly, and see you soon on the battlefield.

Offline Smoketh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:44:57 pm »
I wasn't even speaking badly about your god when that discussion was going on, I only lashed out because you didn't politely ask them to stop but you THREATENED them to stop. THAT is the only reason they stopped, not out of kindness but because you said they would be banned and do you really want to be banned from the only NA siege server? Do you want to risk it? That's why everyone shut their mouths, and that's why I got pissed. Because just like IRL religion is defending out of fear, fear of going to hell or fear of the social stigmas placed on you for offended some person's god.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:37:23 pm »
Alright alright, lets drop this whole thing, and forget it ever happened,

Just close this thread and lets all get along, ok?

If either of you opens your month against one another, the first one to speak will be in deep shit

Just a soldier

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 02:00:56 am »
Alright alright, lets drop this whole thing, and forget it ever happened,

Just close this thread and lets all get along, ok?

If either of you opens your month against one another, the first one to speak will be in deep shit

^^^
This.