Poll

Do you want to add shield bash in every servers ?

Yes
34 (61.8%)
No
16 (29.1%)
Yes but...
5 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Shield Bash  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Shield Bash
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 10:53:38 am »
Without holding block or attack: Low Left Hook
Very quick, causes a short stagger, does medium damage(depending on str, gauntlet weight and enemy armor) and 1h without shield can knockdown an attacking backpaddler with it.

Is the range long enough to reach backpedallers ?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 10:56:26 am »
Is the range long enough to reach backpedallers ?
You can move while hitting, so sorta.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 01:48:01 pm »
(click to show/hide)
holy shit so many different attack types ... this will take ages to get used to(at least for me  :( )
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 07:11:41 pm »
The nudge/shield bash we have now is just a quick experiment I have done some time ago. There are some limitations that make it pretty bad. So I can't adjust the ground friction a player has for a good looking knockback (for example after a shield push) effect. Instead I have to throw him in an arc which looks silly.
Also the hit detection is very simple and instantaneous, thus the short range.

Here the different types and effects:

Shield:

Without holding block or attack: Shield Bash
Attack with the edge of the shield. Does the best damage(influenced by str+shield skill, also enemy armor) but has low knockback.

Holding attack: Shield Backhand
Right to left swing with the shield. Has lower damage but gives a side knockback to the victim.

Holding block: Shield Push
Pushes the enemy away without staggering him. Does the lowest amout of damage but has great knockback.

No shield(Nudge):

Without holding block or attack: Low Left Hook
Very quick, causes a short stagger, does medium damage(depending on str, gauntlet weight and enemy armor) and 1h without shield can knockdown an attacking backpaddler with it.

With holding attack: Left Straight
While having a medium duration, it does the most damage and causes the longest stagger. It can knockdown someone who is kicking.

With holding block: Shove
Has a long duration while only causing a medium stagger, this moves strong point is the knockback effect. It does the least damage.

This is how it works at the moment. If anyone got suggestions how to change the moves and effects, post it.

Awesome ideas. Too complex, mount and blade is such a great game because of how simple the fighting is. Perhaps just two types of attacks, withought blocking and with using the same key.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 07:56:48 pm »
And your point is...?

So, shielders would have the advantage at closequarters? Scary thought isn't it, but you can merely kick spam them like you can do already. Or how about that overhead maul attack that can't be countered other than sidesteping just in time.....oh wait, they turned with you and hit your ankle.

My point is exactly what I stated. Its basicly an unblockable kick that comes without any delay or movement restrictions WHILE letting you shield any oncoming attacks. No to little timing or anticipation is needed to land it successfully. Maybe you should go to dtv/rageball and try out yourself how easy it is to use instead of hopping in here writing comments in a huffy way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login