Author Topic: A suggestion to improve archer balance and weapon variety  (Read 357 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
A suggestion to improve archer balance and weapon variety
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:33 pm »
+4
Ever since the slot patch archers have been robbed of a viable melee weapon option resulting in increased frustration from archer and melee players alike. A dedicated  archer who wanted to maximize his dmg output was forced to take a 2 slot bow and became very weak in melee. The melee options were limited to very short and very weak weapons which were more used to block and hoping for a disctraction of the attacker so the archer can run away and shoot again, than actual viable melee combat.

I welcome a introduction of a viable melee weapon for archers but i think the approach is wrong. Instead of giving archers a one very strong 0 slot weapon (which results in 90% of archers using the same weapon) i think we should show some love the forgotten 1h weapons and make them 0 slot. Some of the low to mid range weapons i have never actually seen in game which is kind of sad.

Here are some of the weapons i would like to see with 0 slots.

(click to show/hide)

What we have with the current system? Basically a no-brainer choice of the Spathion, 0 variety.

What would this change accomplish? It would give archers a viable melee choice. Instead of just one viable 0 slot choice archers could now choose from: Shorter or longer swords, Faster or slower swords, more stabby or more cutting swords, a pierce pick, Bonus against shield axes, blunt dmg weapons. Also for style they could choose from more knightly, nordic, arabian or eastern looking swords. These weapons would finally be used in the battlefield improving variety.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Re: A suggestion to improve archer balance and weapon variety
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:22:56 pm »
+1
Did you pick those at random?

Either way I disagree. An archer can still have both 1 slot and 2 slot weapons if he wants to.

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:44:07 pm »
I dissagree with the fighting pick though as it can be used as a 2h i think

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:52:43 pm »
The military sickle can be used as 2h mode. The fighting pick has a blunt secondary mode, if you notice the fighting pick has a hammer on the back while the military sickle is just a scikle

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:32:19 pm »
+1
There's currently quite a few nice 0 slot 1h weapons, I disagree we should be adding more. 
The Spathion has the same stats as my knightly arming sword for a couple thousand more...I say no, there's a good amount of 0 slot 1h's right now.  Be glad you even have 0 slot weapons :P
 - Stolen from Macropussy