Author Topic: Son of Odin doesn't want a free respec, but he is a terrible global mod.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Old respecs and loom redo's were done with "CHOPPING" your gen by a percentage, ask me or goretooth how that felt when that was implemented.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+3
He probably closed it because they usually close topics that are moot points. They've never, ever, allowed respecs, and they've screwed up builds far worse then now what with previous patches like when the slot system was first introduced or PD and PT required WPF suddenly or when athletics lowered WPF or when riding and shield requirements changed.

*shrugs*

The dev's stated a lot of times why they are against Respecs, I doubt it will ever change.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
He probably closed it because they usually close topics that are moot points. They've never, ever, allowed respecs, and they've screwed up builds far worse then now what with previous patches like when the slot system was first introduced or PD and PT required WPF suddenly or when athletics lowered WPF or when riding and shield requirements changed.

Wasn't the athletics lowering wpf only in the game for like two days?

If I recall correctly, riding requirements changed the same time as the slot system, which is funny you would bring that up, because there was a stats/loom respec.

*shrugs*

chadz also mentioned a wpf respec in the august patch, so its not like they are completely off limits.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
+1
Get a life Oprah....really...

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
+2
If I recall correctly, riding requirements changed the same time as the slot system, which is funny you would bring that up, because there was a stats/loom respec.

It wasn't a free respec. Since there was a big level progression rework, everyone lost a ton of levels. And the loom respec was a message saying that "The evil Fasader has stolen your heirlooms, but you managed to save something." and you regained 1/3 of your loompoints for reassigning. It was all far from free.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8

When they changed riding requirements on multiple horses (completely ruining builds of MANY people) there was no respec. And I could list oh so many other cases.
Just be happy chadz is being cool enough to increase the amount of respec auctions, that's a pretty fuckin' sweet deal. Plus with them happening that much more often, they'll only get that much cheaper.

TLDR; QQ ain't gonna change shit, never did before, won't now.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
The dev's stated a lot of times why they are against Respecs, I doubt it will ever change.

What was the reasoning, percisely? I am really curious to learn why they enjoy making charakter progression a gamble - either your build will get screwed up after investing a lot of time and you will lose even more time or a lot of money to fix the issue which is not your fault, and you are lucky and your build doesn't get screwed. Which means you are a 2hd hero. Congratulations.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
That's your own problem, seeing a respec as "lost time". In a game... that's stupid itself. Good they don't give free respecs.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
+1
What was the reasoning, percisely? I am really curious to learn why they enjoy making charakter progression a gamble - either your build will get screwed up after investing a lot of time and you will lose even more time or a lot of money to fix the issue which is not your fault, and you are lucky and your build doesn't get screwed. Which means you are a 2hd hero. Congratulations.

If you're that worried about it being a "gamble" there's a simple solution. Retire at 31 or 32. Go past that and that's when the gamble begins. You choose if you want to play that game.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
That's your own problem, seeing a respec as "lost time". In a game... that's stupid itself. Good they don't give free respecs.

It's also stupid to say you shouldn't get a free loom respec because there is the marketplace. I sit infront of a desk looking at spreadsheets all day, why would I want to do that when I get home?

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
It's also stupid to say you shouldn't get a free loom respec because there is the marketplace. I sit infront of a desk looking at spreadsheets all day, why would I want to do that when I get home?

So because of your job there should be a loom respec to cater to your distaste for spreadsheets?

PS; Playing the market is easy shit, takes maybe 2 seconds to put up an offer and wait. And that's all you really need to do, that's how I make money. It's really not that bad. I promise.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin

Now I'm locking this thread.

If you want to complain about me, go to my admin feedback thread. If you want to argue about the free respec thing you should go to your own thread which is in correct subforum now http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/free-stat-and-loom-respec/

I don't want this respec arguing (or whatever) to fill the whole general discussion since we actually have far more important threads to be seen. Yes I mean the application threads for item balancers, community proxy, item manager and support.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
So because of your job there should be a loom respec to cater to your distaste for spreadsheets?

PS; Playing the market is easy shit, takes maybe 2 seconds to put up an offer and wait. And that's all you really need to do, that's how I make money. It's really not that bad. I promise.

To be completely honest, if they did a full respec I would probably change one or two masterworks and not change my build at all. So it doesn't really matter to me, but I do think its a fair thing to do.

@son of odin: Only responding here because that is were other people are.