Author Topic: Help please  (Read 621 times)

Offline Maximum92

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Help please
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:13:45 pm »
+2
Hello guys,

I'm a beginner in Scene editing, and i've make a map for my clan, but when i would like to try this in host game, the game load a no building map ( no river, no build, no tree...) You have on solution of my problem ?

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:26:28 pm »
+1
I always edit blank maps and for some reason when I have been editing blank_100 for example, I need to host blank_101 to actually see it. So try hosting the map that comes after the one you have been editing.

Weird, but it works.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:47:00 pm »
+1
make sure you host a multi player game, in your maps module and select deathmatch, and select the next map inteast, like teeth just said.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:26:55 pm »
I always edit blank maps and for some reason when I have been editing blank_100 for example, I need to host blank_101 to actually see it. So try hosting the map that comes after the one you have been editing.

Weird, but it works.
It is the same for me too. At least it was, before I downloaded your map. Now your map is blank_2 and I have to host blank_102 map to see blank_100 map :P

Edit: I might have an idea why this happens that way. When you edit a file in the module system, it also updates the number of added info. Maybe it is required to change the number of maps written somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:30:04 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Maximum92

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 03:07:50 pm »
+1
Thanks guys :D Now i'm going to try my spawn point.

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:12:41 pm »
Thanks guys :D Now i'm going to try my spawn point.

That won't really work, unless you are able to spawn bots with your module. When i tested my maps in the crpg-mapping module they never worked, though.

So just double-check the numbers and make sure you follow peasant_womans guide and you should have no problem with spawnpoints.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:33:26 pm »
I find a number on top of scenes.txt

Code: [Select]
scenesfile version 1

It means that there are 698 maps? Is this something I can change so that the maps will be placed in a correct order mayhaps?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D