Poll

Best_Noob_NA

Agree
Disagree

Author Topic: Admin Request  (Read 504 times)

Offline stickher

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _____
Admin Request
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »
I was wonder if FCC should get another admin due to we only have two admins granpappy and kalam. One of which is rarely on and the other who is on fair amount.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Re: Admin Request
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:07:52 am »
+7
Adminship shouldn't have anything to do with being in a clan.

Offline stickher

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 54
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _____
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:13:40 am »
+1
that is true but should he be admin or not anyways

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:10 am »
+5
I brought up this very same issue today, except rather than focusing on BRD, I was more focusing on the group of players that play among this sort of social group that FCC belongs to. The idea went something like this: This "group" makes up the majority of the disgruntled, coincidentally uninformed/misinformed, "loud" na players. Maybe if they had an active admin(had actually forgotten about Pappy) to properly give them perspective, they wouldn't be quite so eager to cry wolf, take things out of context, assume the worst, etc.

Of course the idea is shot down rather easily from multiple directions.

"<>if a clan has players with a shitty perspective on authority/how things go, then having admins in it explaining things "from the other side" wont change a thing
<> itll probably just create more internal friction
<> it'll probably just result in that person being ostracized"

This exact thing has actually heppened in the past inthis community as well. So we know the logic doesn't quite hold up.

Ultimately the most important thing for admin consideration, is that they actually meet the qualifications on their own merits, not that they're in faction with a low admin to member count ratio. Although that's a benefit, it doesn't actually mean anything since you can't really have too many administrators if they're all of the desired quality and they all fulfill their required tasks.

There are other reasons as well, but I'm sure they'd just come off as being "biased", even if they were stated by EU administrators.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 07:11:18 am »
+3
I'll just respond with a quote from myself from awhile back.

If he is a good individual, he should be given consideration. But I don't think we need to be looking at specific clans because we "need" admins from Clan X or Clan Y.

On a side note, in a clan that large you don't "know" or even talk to a majority of the people. It is a fairly limited circle of people that I see on TS and chat with on a semi-regular basis. At any rate, with a situation like we just experienced, we don't talk about specifics of what is happening with non-Admins other than to say "We are discussing it and I can let you know when a decision is made." So it wouldn't have made a difference if there were 2 or 10 admins.

I don't think any of the admins consider themselves their "clan admin". From what I've seen from other admins and done myself, clan mates who break the rules get less slack than an unknown pubby because we know the clan mates know better.

I think Tydeus explained the rest of the situation quite well.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:31:40 am »
+2
I agree with what Tydeus and Pappy say; I do however want to build on one thing. What clan/faction/group someone is in should not make a difference to them being considered for admin as has been said, but it should also not be used a reason to NOT make them an admin.

"<>if a clan has players with a shitty perspective on authority/how things go, then having admins in it explaining things "from the other side" wont change a thing
<> itll probably just create more internal friction
<> it'll probably just result in that person being ostracized"

Those are all reasons that are against having someone from a group made into an admin... reasons that focus not on the individual's merit but on what "group" they belong to.

Pappy already said a good admin won't consider themselves "their clan's admin" So I think all of those concerns are all unfounded. I do not want the devs or whoever is appointing NA admins to go "well we need another FCC Admin to be fair..." but I also don't want them going "well we can't give this guy admin even though he has all the qualities we want because we don't want anyone from his clan getting admin".

This should not be a problem though. If someone is being considered on their individual merit then one of the desirable characteristics of an admin is the ability to be unbiased in decision making, regardless of what group they are part of.

The funny thing of course, is that some people who have been admin were people that no sane person would ever make an admin because they are proven to be fanatically loyal to their group to such an extent that being bias is almost a guarantee... I of course mean Kesh, I can't think of any examples of him actually being biased as an admin, but I think everyone was surprised when he got admin way back!

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:36:56 am »
Good luck getting some, I remember a certain thread for which it took almost a year for action to be taken (karasu's siege admins 26 feb 2012- 28 jan 2013)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 06:23:16 am »
Pappy is harder on us than others, but that's actually a good thing.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄